What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Suggestions Needed!

Myst88

Hello everyone, I'm looking to build myself a nice gaming rig and want a great case to go along with the build. I've been looking at plenty of reviews and videos and while a lot of cases have caught my attention there always seems to be one or two things I don't really like about the case. Sometimes I wish I can combine a bunch of neat features from a couple cases and have the ultimate case!

For instance I'm very interested in the Corsair 600t but I'm worried that it wouldn't provide adequate cooling, especially on the GPU.

Things I'm looking for:
- Bottom mounted power supply
- Great cooling
- Great design (subjective I know)
- Side window, ideally also with a side fan, or some way of cooling the GPU's
- Matching exterior / interior (so no white inside if it's a black on the outside)
- Ability to mount an interal radiator for a closed loop CPU water cooler.
- Adequate room for cable management

Price isn't really a concern, I'm willing to pay for a premium product that has a good build quality and will last me many builds to come.

Eluder

Cooler Master HAF X or HAF 932 Black Edition sound like they'll meet your needs, it just depends on whether or not you like the styling.

JD

Staff member
HAF-X comes to mind. Not sure if you'd like the looks though.

Also any of Silverstone's stacked-cooling cases like the Raven or FT02. Though internal watercooling would be tricky.

BootlegUsher

Get a Silver Coolermaster ATCS 840 and get two 120mm fans for the middle HDD mounts, they blow right onto the GPU. You can get a windowed side panel from Coolermaster, and this case has watercooling galore.

Myst88

Yeah I gotta admit the HAF series is very intriguing. I'm having a hard time deciding between that, an Antec 1200 V3, and the corsair 600t white edition with a side panel. They all seem like great cases.

Mekaw

600T has great cable management. it does fit 240 rad up top and fan has to be under the mesh on the other side of the grill

if you are air cooling is isn't the best air cool case but definitely better than 650d or any of the obsidian series.

here's mine with side window I just picked up from ncix yesterday

DSCN5798.jpg

Grampa

damn the 600t is on sale for cheap at canada computers right now:

Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mid Tower ATX PC Case (CC600T) | Canada Computers

Our Price$159.99
Discount -$30.00
Sale Price $ 129.99

NCIX is cheaper

NCIX.com - Buy Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Case ATX 4X5.25 6X3.5INT USB 1394 4 Channel Fan Ctrl No PS - Corsair - CC600T - in Canada

$119.99
Been that way the whole week.

For air cooling I'd say HAF X beats most cases hands down (except for the Silverstone RV02/FT02 type cases).
If your mind is set on the 600T, I'd recommend getting the side panel, and swap the mesh insert into it.
It will make a huge difference in the amount of air being drawn into the case, or just use some twist ties and place a 120mm fan on the drive cages to blow air over your graphics cards.

Nice pic Mekaw, your system looks fantastic!:canadianwave:

I read that the 650D will feature a similar fan setup as the 600t, but will come with better fans stock.

Yes the new fans are better at moving air. (however this might also be due to the fact that the case has less obstruction for intake & exhaust)
The fan blade design is sickle design, much like the cooler master r4 fan blades, but flattened out more.
However I recommend to anyone who is going to purchase, or has already purchased the 650D, to take a bit more care handling the new Corsair stock fans, the blades are very very thin, and might be more fragile than the 600T stock fans.
(I'm replacing the 650D fans out anyhow, so its no big deal to me... just thought it was worth mentioning to potential buyers)
Perhaps HWC will have an upcoming video review for everyone for a better idea of what this case is all about.
I can only say so much before putting people to sleep. :haha::haha::haha:

Sorry I don't mean to drag this thread off topic.:sad:

Last edited:

spikexp

Coolermaster 690 II Advance. Great cooling.
The thing I don't like, the 2 first HDD cage can't be remove (without modding) and they are the one that you could want to take out for extra(extra) long video card.