What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Super budget gaming rig for friend 500$ MAX

Soultribunal

Staff member
All of them Have lifetime warranties, and all are generally good (although I've only used Patriot twice).

In my personaly experience, I've never had problems with Corsair, and their RMA service if needed is quite good.

I'd say, get the XMS2.

Regards,
ST

Shade340

The only thing I don't agree with RS, is that XION PSU combo deal.

They are garbage, it may say 450W and you'll be lucky if it gives you 220W before it gives up the ghost.

Never use substandard PSU's, unless you like throwing away money.

ST

Yeah I agree.

For case and PSU

Case: Antec 300 59.99

PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 29.99 after MIR

Not bad for 80$

Perineum

The GSKILL, because the rebates on the others will push him over budget. The PC2-6400 is on for $56.99 putting it within $1 of the Corsair as well.

Also, you're not spending $80. You're spending $80 plus $30 for $110 total. Do that enough times he'll spend $600 and hope he gets some back.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Yeah I agree.

For case and PSU

Case: Antec 300 59.99

PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 29.99 after MIR

Not bad for 80$

Oh yeah, thats a good setup. OCZ's are getting much better now that they have PC Power and Cooling working with them. I still have seen more returns than I'd like on them , but they are still good.

Last XION I saw was a Supernova...and it lived up to its name when it Deep Sixed my friends Rig. The only surviving component was the DVD-ROM.....

ST

ImmaPC

Damn I wish I lived in Toronto, I'd nab that PSU right now for my folding rig.

+1 for the Corsair RAM. I've used it before multiple times and only had a problem once, which was dealt with right away by lifetime warranty =D

Actually the setup w/ the PSU and the case was $90, $30+60 is $90. Perenium, what are you talking about? :shok: Where does that extra $30 come from?

Realityshift

Hes taking prices of before rebates ;)

I actually owned a xion case with a xion PSU and had it drawing around 350w total (450w PSU) without any problems which is why I sudjested it, they arent the best but they arent all bad. I agree though if you can get the case and PSU for that cheap Id do it. Also the G.SKill is great ram that is ALWAYS low priced with no stupid rebates to worry about, corsair is HORRIBLE with their rebates and they take for ever, im still waiting on the one for my PSU, almost 3 months.

grinder

the only bundled case/PSU i would go for is an antec... and by a very slim margin. Anything less and i might as well kiss my PC goodbye. I've seen way too many crappy bundled PSU's go up in flames. It's never worth the risk.

Latest posts