What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Superpi 1m Benchmark Competition

1Tanker

Great times on these i7's, but generally, they can't beat an E8500 E0/E8600 on great air/water for 1M. 5GHz on water is easier to hit than an i7/4.4(unless serious water/phase) on an E8600. :biggrin:

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
That's because super pi is very poor at multi threading, it doesn't even bring one of my 4 cores past 35% load.

enaberif

That's because super pi is very poor at multi threading, it doesn't even bring one of my 4 cores past 35% load.
SuperPi has nothing to do with CPU calculations its all relevant to ram speed and fsb.

And socket 775 and ddr2 memory has MUCH higher capability for higher fsb and mem speed than i7 does.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Super PI is single threaded, so its relevance as a measure of performance in the current era of multi-core processors is diminishing quickly
The Gauss–Legendre algorithm used in super pi is memory intensive. But the triple channel ddr3 with integrated memory controller on the x-58 platform is easily triple the advantage of core 2/ddr2.

I got PM'ed your post enabirif, by another member who is tired of your misinformation and has also blocked you.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Great times on these i7's, but generally, they can't beat an E8500 E0/E8600 on great air/water for 1M. 5GHz on water is easier to hit than an i7/4.4(unless serious water/phase) on an E8600. :biggrin:

the current world record is from an i7 at 5.4ghz, beat out the old record set by an [email protected]

3oh6

SuperPi has nothing to do with CPU calculations its all relevant to ram speed and fsb.

And socket 775 and ddr2 memory has MUCH higher capability for higher fsb and mem speed than i7 does.
false and false.

32M SPi is heavily dependent on memory bandwidth...1M has next to nothing to do with it since 1M is all held primarily in the CPU cache. this is why 4MB C2D's were that much faster than 2MB C2D's and why i7 hauls C2D's ass out to the wood shed clock for clock.

now...your second comment is absolutely ridiculous and i won't even bother touching it. just re read it and try to justify your comment, it makes no sense at all. DDR2 higher frequency than DDR3...i7 has a FSB? :whistle:

the current world record is from an i7 at 5.4ghz, beat out the old record set by an [email protected]
ding ding ding...we have a winner, someone who knows what they are discussing :thumb:

1Tanker

false and false.

32M SPi is heavily dependent on memory bandwidth...1M has next to nothing to do with it since 1M is all held primarily in the CPU cache. this is why 4MB C2D's were that much faster than 2MB C2D's and why i7 hauls C2D's ass out to the wood shed clock for clock.

now...your second comment is absolutely ridiculous and i won't even bother touching it. just re read it and try to justify your comment, it makes no sense at all. DDR2 higher frequency than DDR3...i7 has a FSB? :whistle:

ding ding ding...we have a winner, someone who knows what they are discussing :thumb:
i7 hauls C2D's ass out to the wood shed clock for clock.
I know i7 beats Core2 at 1M..clock for clock. And yes, there are a some i7's that have clocked well into the 5's... but that takes phase or better, and 5-5.2GHz E8600's don't need phase/LN2... yet are good for 8.9-9.1 sec's. i7 will hit the 8's but not as easily. There are a lot more E8600's in the 8's than i7's(yes i know i7 is newer). That's my take on it anyway...do you think i'm that far off the mark?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I dunno, lets do some math.

5.4 i7 beats 6.7 e8600.

that's 22% better clock on the 8400

apply the same ratio and a 4.2ghz i7 will still beat a 5.2 ghz e8400.

that said, i'll bet you dollars to donuts that 4.2 i7s are more common than 5.2 8600's.

Latest posts

Twitter