What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Superpi 1m Benchmark Competition

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Ah, Jody finally posted. This could get interesting.

3oh6

5G on air!!??!!?? :shok:
yeah, not un-common for E8600s for 1M...but look at that voltage. definitely not something i run often or at all on air. this run was a one time deal type thing to see if someone could crack 9 seconds on air @ 500*10...i couldn't no matter what i tried.

Ah, Jody finally posted. This could get interesting.
yeah, i was politely asked to post some scores up so i figured why not.

Finch

it is unfair. my chip is a good clocker but as soon as i try to put over 1.5v or higher it does a BSOD no matter what. It is not a normal BSOD like when it is memory related, its more like falf a second BSOD and you dont have time to read anything. if i lower the voltage it is unstable but it doesnt BSOD... and i am under water...

did it ever happend to you guys?

sswilson

Staff member
it is unfair. my chip is a good clocker but as soon as i try to put over 1.5v or higher it does a BSOD no matter what. It is not a normal BSOD like when it is memory related, its more like falf a second BSOD and you dont have time to read anything. if i lower the voltage it is unstable but it doesnt BSOD... and i am under water...

did it ever happend to you guys?

Heh, nothing's fair when it comes down to who gets their hands on a primo chip... :)

Keep in mind too that jody plays with the big boys in benching circles so he's already done the hard work of finding the sweet spot of his hardware.

As far as the issue you're describing goes... I've only experienced that with overvolting some memory, but I have had procs which didn't react well to extra voltage at all.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
If you post asking for a competition, expect the big boys to come play.

Lpfan4ever

42s
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ Stock (2188 MHz)
Generic Samsung RAM @ PC3200 3-3-3-8-11-2T
ASUS A8AE-LE (Compaq/HP proprietary piece o' crap.)
Stock AMD heatsink/fan.

(Hehe, point and laugh at me :bleh: I just posted it because I figure I'll be the only Athlon 64 for a while)

37954936fc002c601.jpg

Latest posts