What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Sweden imposes tax on LAN parties

AkG

The Government has a license to steal. What gives them the right to take money from computer users who choose to play games with each other?

As Mao said: "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Its why every totalitarian gov -regardless of what flavour they are - want their population to be fat, dumb, happy and unarmed.

That is not already happening here every day?

Yes it has been happening for a couple decades now...and started right about the time Justin's sack o crap daddy became PM. :whistle:

I personally cant wait for it to start happening to the 'rest' of society like it is in the US....maybe then the sheeple in Canada will wake up. But I doubt it. History shows what happens to the lotus eaters. :(

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Problem: Government imposes tax on LAN parties

Solution: Move event to an adjoining country.

I'm sure the government will kick themselves after the $4 million (estimated) stimulus Dreamhack brings in every year suddenly goes to Norway, Finland or Denmark

jibz

I don't see why massive organizations like dreamhack shouldn't be taxed. they have thousands of people paying for their spots.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
They are already taxed on their earnings. Anyone who makes a profit from it is then taxed AGAIN on their personal income taxes.

Latest posts