What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Swiftech H20-220C + Coolermaster CM690 = Pump Noise! Arrgh!

Well, after my liquid cooling kit arrived yesterday, I threw it all together in my CM690. Only problem is, the vibrational noise is horrendous. When running the thing externally to check for leaks, its silent, with only a bassy hum when you're right next to it. However, as soon as I mount it on my motherboard, it starts making this droning sound, which is driving me mad.

I think it could be the screws they include to mount it. With all the washers and things that are on there, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the source.

BUt it could be something else, and I'm certainly open to any input.

Cheers,
Nate

Cptn Vortex

Maybe get a short amount of thin tubing, like from home hardware or something, and cut it to the same amount as the washers used. Then, just use the tubing as bushings, instead of the washers. That may isolate some of the noise.

frosty

COuld it be the scews holding the motherboard down to the case vibrating against the underside of the case. Maybe there a tad long and the vibration is causing them to rattle a bit?

Latest posts

Twitter