What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

System Locks up when browsing

I have tried both chrome and Opra but same issues, when I am browsing, out of no where it locks up and then my other programs also lock up for a min or so.

I am using FX 8350, Asrock 970 Extreme 3 Rev 2, 4 x2 gig adata ram 1866. GTX 570 and Silverstone 750w psu.

I have tried two different cpus, and two different sets of ram. I have tried fx 6300 and also 2x8gig ddr3 1866 gskill ram.

I think the mobo is gone, any suggestions?

sswilson

Staff member
Most recent bios? Newest network drivers (delete the nic in device manager and check the box to remove all drivers so that it refreshes the stack)? Older version of network drivers on the off chance that the latest is buggy?

yea updated the bios, and did a fresh install of windows on this set up. I have another set up x99 and I dont get the same issue there. But let me refresh the nic tho

KaptCrunch

check HDD with windows Disk Management to see if all is accounted (formatted) if some space not allotted will cause that

sswilson

Staff member
If you've done a fresh install and the issue comes back, I'd say either physical hardware issue or buggy driver and/or windows update driver.

If you've done a fresh install and the issue comes back, I'd say either physical hardware issue or buggy driver and/or windows update driver.

Yea I think this mobo is a piece of shit. Was going to use this for my donation project. But cant give this away, as its a ppeice of work. Thanks, just thought I'd ask.

sswilson

Staff member
Yea I think this mobo is a piece of shit. Was going to use this for my donation project. But cant give this away, as its a ppeice of work. Thanks, just thought I'd ask.

I'm sure you could find a PCI nic card for $10 or so. That'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than finding a replacement motherboard.

Latest posts