What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

TCL Series 6 headphone problem

belgolas

So my parents just bought a new TCL Series 6 TV and it is great except for one problem. My mom has bad hearing so she often times uses headphones to listen to the TV and it is also handy when she is doing chores and can still listen to the TV. Well whenever you plug into the headphone jack on the TV the TV speakers and the Optical to sound bar all turn off. I called technical support and even searched online and there is no setting to allow both the headphones and the sound bar to be on at the same time.

So I am now wondering if you guys have a solution for this problem. Is there a way to split the optical audio to the sound bar and to a headphone jack? Just getting pissed because every other TV we have owned so far has been able to output both at the same time.

djbrad

This thread talks about a optical splitter :

Edit : you found the same thing I guess

belgolas

Yup it came in today and is working just flawlessly. Headphones can be at whatever volume you want and same with the sound bar. Both now can also work at the same time.