What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Team cup 2019 coming !

Valkyrie

Okay thanks. I was using the top right button from both the home page and the stage page. Is this an x265 thing or is it this way for all benches now?

Edit: Doh!!....it's all coming back to me now. We ran into this in Country Cup. Too many months off...

It takes your sub, but does not enter it in the comp unless you use the "right" submit button..which is not the one on the top right.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
On the really old front, I have a Sempron 2600+ (on a K8V-X SE) with 2x256MB DDR400 and a Pentium E5400 (on a EP43-UD3L) with 2x1GB DDR2-800. I also have my trusty Pentium III 450 (on a P3B-F), but I don't think that qualifies for anything.

Slightly newer, a Phenom II X6 1055T (on a 890GPA-UD3H) and 2x4GB DDR3-1333.

Is it worthwhile for me to run anything on these? If so, what OS would you guys suggest?

Valkyrie

Everything except the PIII will fit into it's respective dogpile stage for sure JD. Your daily DDR4 rigs can likely fit into some of those (DDR4) stages also if your game. I'm thinking Win 7 64 stripped down a bit would likely be better for the dogpile stages, but any score helps.

Last edited:

Dead Things

Yeah JD - there's a few stages you can participate in.

P3 450 / P3B-F = Stage 1.7 WinRAR
Sempy 2600+ / K8V-X SE = Stage 1.6 CPU-Z Reference Clock & Stage 1.7 WinRAR
E5400 / EP43-UD3L = Stage 2.4 Cinebench R11.5 & Stage 2.6 3DMark11 Physics
X6 1055T / 890GPA-UD3H = Stage 3.4 GPUPI v3.3 1B & Stage 3.7 HWBOT x265 1080p

So with that gear to play with, you can enter up to 7 stages!

JD

Staff member
Alright, I'll see what I can pull off then. They all have stock cooling, so not sure if I can coax much speed out of them clockwise, but I can throw a 120mm fan overtop at least.

And for "daily" ones, mostly just my servers which I'd rather not tinker with stability-wise. My desktop's 6850k is mildly OC'd to 4.2GHz, so I guess I can do a couple things on it to just help a little bit.

Valkyrie

The Pentium III 450 / P3B-F is Single Data Rate on the RAM right? My reading of the rules is DDR only for all of Stage 1. Have they opened up the Winrar dogpile to DDR and older?

Last edited:

Dead Things

Ahhh yes, Val is right of course. There will be no fun with the P3B-F, I'm afraid. Not until the Country Cup maybe... ;)

And don't fret the cooling. I'm just clamping an AIO on everything - so nothing fancy here either.

edit - I'm getting my IC7-Max rigged up now, so I'll go for a backup S478 score for Stage 1.6 in addition to the one I have planned for S754, in case JD is able to grab a S754 score and we still need a third.

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Kind of figured the P3 was out of the picture. At least it removes the need for XP, I'll just focus on getting a semi-lean updated Windows 7 image together to use on the rest.

Latest posts