What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Team cup 2019 coming !

zoob

Got the X58 sub in, hopefully it's valid.
Turns out I updated my Ivy rig to Win10, no time to reinstall to 7 :(

Dead Things

Woohoo - wait to go everyone! We (unofficially) finished in 6th place - our best showing in the Team Cup since 2015. Awesome stuff and lots of fun! And now we await the Country Cup...

Cptn Vortex

Yet again, I failed :(. I managed to get ONE day to slap together an X58 system, which then decided it didn't want to POST. Wish they could do these competitions during the winter months!

Dead Things

No worries, Cap - there were a bunch of juicy LGA775 stages that woulda been right up your alley, so kinda a bummer. But hey, you were just saving yourself for the Country Cup, which is usually in December I think, right?

By the way... In other news, I just finished checking, and the baking from a few nights ago not only brought all three of my 4coreDual-SATA2 boards back to life, but they all now work in dual-channel! Two of them are rev 1.02 boards, but one s the coveted R2 version. Sweet! Makes up for the death of my beloved P5Q-E, on which I had managed 103 submissions over the years. Go gently into the night, my sweet prince.

Valkyrie

I'm hoping I didn't kill my 939 Lanparty. I haven't run it since I overflowed the dyke one rainy night. Had a heck of a mess to clean up.

Are you going to try baking the P5Q-E or is it beyond hope? If I baked a board I'd be in the doghouse for sure...:)

I guess we should make a deal on one of your spare Swiss Army boards DT.

Dead Things

We should indeed! They're fun little things. Mine are all unmodded, since I wasn't going to put in the effort if they only worked in single-channel - so you can do with it as you wish in that regard (rather than having to clean up somebody else's mess, which is generally how I'd characterize buying modded boards).

The P5Q-E died because after a sesh a while back, I just kinda left it on the bench for waaay too long without taking out the insulation and it ended up corroding the socket. I mean, it still works-ish... but the VRM traces have gone to shit.

When baking a board, you do it with the range hood on full and the back door wide open, then do a full self-clean afterwards, all while the missus is out. By the time she gets back, she'll be none the wiser! 🤞

Valkyrie

My Esso has a better nose than a Bloodhound, so I'm not sure about that DT...

Seems that we're pretty solid in sixth....good stuff Team Canucks!

Now for Country Cup....

Edit:
Those darned Shrimps managed to sneak up on us again.....:)

Last edited:

Latest posts