What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Team F-T-L at it again?

badatcards

4+ months since there was any noticable reaction from the official FAH team. No drama this time around, if they aren't gone by the end of the month, I will be turning my GPUs towards the boinc client.
Don't let Team F-T-L get to you.I don't think what their doing is right but if Boinc was as popular as F@H it would happen their to,just give it some time. Just dont count them as a team like team Default and Team Google:ph34r:. Please:sad: dont switch over your GPS's we need more PPD:canadianwave: GO TEAM HCF :canadianwave:

ImmaPC

The problem with that is that you are stating that the ends justify the means. Yes its true the more people contributing the better it is... however the major problem everyone has is that these people are unaware that they are contributing. F@H is on their computer like a virus, (this means possible damage to their computers, higher electricity bills, etc... all without their knowledge or "consent")

Oh, the ends do indeed justify the means in my eyes. So a few people get a big electricity bill, or some bloke's machine overheats because he lives in a sauna...big deal? It's about sacrifice. If I had the cash, I'd run out and build a folding farm that would totally blow Atlas or any other farm out of the water right now.

Another thing people have to realize is that FaH doesn't get a bad name just for some gooks fooling around that like to tick off full-on folders. FaH truly is for a good cause, even with people like this "messing it up." I'm not saying it's generally WRONG what they're doing, but its the fact that this annoys lots of people.

Folding isn't for points. It's not about building better rigs to get more points. It's not about cheating to get points. It's about using your dang machine for a cause.

zlojack

It's about using your dang machine voluntarily for a cause.

This is the part you're missing that makes what these guys are doing wrong.

I agree that it all goes to the same place, but it's not voluntary, it's stealing their energy/CPU time to do so. I don't care about the points and their climb in the standings either, but what they're doing is wrong any way you slice it.

sswilson

Staff member
Oh, the ends do indeed justify the means in my eyes. So a few people get a big electricity bill, or some bloke's machine overheats because he lives in a sauna...big deal? It's about sacrifice. If I had the cash, I'd run out and build a folding farm that would totally blow Atlas or any other farm out of the water right now.

Another thing people have to realize is that FaH doesn't get a bad name just for some gooks fooling around that like to tick off full-on folders. FaH truly is for a good cause, even with people like this "messing it up." I'm not saying it's generally WRONG what they're doing, but its the fact that this annoys lots of people.

Folding isn't for points. It's not about building better rigs to get more points. It's not about cheating to get points. It's about using your dang machine for a cause.

You are correct, they don't get a bad name because some folks are doing these kinds of things, they get a bad name because they don't react to it with any kind of urgency.

Choose to believe what you will, but there are people out there (myself included) who will move to a different DC if the panda group doesn't demonstrate that they consider distribution of the client via pirated software worthy of their attention in a timely manner.

geokilla

Just in case you guys didn't know, Team FTL/F-Tl-L is gone for good. Seems that Stanford banned the team number.

Latest posts