What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Team TPU has a present for all us Canucks (Dont forget, A [email protected] Contest still going on)

badatcards

Dont forget about the [email protected] contest going on right now to http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/26115-ruffus-hwcs-folding-contest.html
The team could use some more help trying to pass team TPU. They are currently getting about 30,000 more PPD (Points Per Day) than us and we are getting around 815,000 PPD but we got this message today in the [email protected] forum from Bogmali (See Pic Below). They have a Christmas present of us, It does not look good for us. We could sure use some more people to join the team so we can still keep on their heals or better yet pass them.
A little about our Team #54196.
We are currently in 47 place in the World, And climbing fast. We are in 17th place for PPD in the world, We currently have 170 active members Folding on the team and 403 members total. Not bad considering HWC only has just over 7000 members.
A little about Team TPU.
They are currently in 45th place, 14th in PPD. They have 138 active members folding and 465 total members on their team. They have 2 guys almost 3 on their team that get over 100,000 PPD. Their Website has 52,500 members from around the world so they have a lot more people they can call ask to join their team.

With it so close to Christmas I'm afraid that our PPD will drop with Team members visiting family and friends, So if anyone wants to join the team now would be a good time, Lets give Team TPU a little something back.

And to everyone thats on the team, Way to make HWC [email protected] team the best little big Team out there(Website with fewest members with a lot of PPD( in the Top 20 for PPD), Every other team in the top 20 for PPD I think has 10's of thousands or 100's of thousands of people) So we are doing fantastic for our size, but I know we can do better, WTF Way To Fold.
And to Everyone not on the team yet, Your the reason we can do better, Join now so we can show Team TPU and the rest of the world what Canucks are made of.
Check out the [email protected] forum for more info on how to join the team

Attachments

Last edited:

MonsterSound

I must admit I was sad to see us drop off of TPU's radar. I also take part of the blame as I switched out my 275 for a 5850 and my ppd has fallen from 9K to ~2K on a 2 core SMP. I'm only a minor contributor but that drop is more than I expected.
Maybe I can add a spare 9600GT I have but until a new GPU client is released that can get more out of the ATI, I'm stuck (and you're about to pass me too).

This may just be me, but, the main Folding thread Title "HardwareCanucks [email protected] Team", I have always thought was a little hard to notice, almost buried.
Perhaps it's own Section Title or renamed "FOLDING @ HOME / HardwareCanucks [email protected] Team".
Probably just me :doh:

At least our ppd is up a bit today over TPU.
btw, I don't know what bogmali has up his sleeve but I bet it's Buck'n Nasty
(man those two can fold)

Last edited:

Mecher

I missed the first run at TPU but with the weather cold now, maybe we can give them a run for the money... Way To Fold

chrisk

Folding Captain
I should be good for an extra 20K PPD until next week when I put the folding rig under water and OC it a bit. After the OC and WC is complete I'll be full-on again

badatcards

wait what did i missin the tpu message thing
bogmali's post was in this thread http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/26112-smp2-core-progress-update-some-will-have-bonus-plan-2.html At the bottom. I think their up to something over the there:ph34r:, Involving them getting more ppd:angry2:. I think El Fiendo is showing them how to do the Bigadv WU's:blarg:, And who know what else their up to:ph34r:. What ever their up to is BAD for us in less we can recruit some new people to the team:thumb:. The Present is not good, I dont think they want to Sponsor our next [email protected] Contest or anything like that:haha:. Way To Fold

EDIT: After doing some :whistle: over at TPU. I now change my mind, I think the Present is good for us. Their [email protected] contest just ended:punk:. So their PPD will probably drop a bit:bananafunky:. So now if new people join now we have a even better chance of passing them. Come on people, Join the team :punk::clap:Way To Fold

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
oooooooooooh.ok. but i still think the yhave something up their sleeves if the post was made....i mean who would announce something like a drop in ppd lol....

unless the stolen members are given back? :D that be nice. xmas and all..

Way To FoldWay To FoldWay To FoldWay To Fold
Way To FoldWay To FoldWay To Fold
Way To FoldWay To Fold
Way To Fold

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
God. Too many smilies in this thread. It hurts the eyes.

badatcards

God. Too many smilies in this thread. It hurts the eyes.
I read that and then looked at your avatar :rofl:. I see why your eye hurt, Try blinking:whistle:. Or is it the color yellow that hurt your eyes?( insert HA HA Smiley here) just kidding. I like Smileys, But i'll try to keep them to min of 5 per post, lol. Thats only 2, The ones under my [email protected] points thing dont count:bleh:(3).Way To Fold(4) Your lucky this post only required 4 Smileys:rofl:(5). (Sorry 5)

_dangtx_

Banned
oy, dont juggle with brother sky. he may not pass the next nv review card onto sale if youre baaad..mkay? :D