What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Tesla Truck ??? what do people think

gingerbee

OK well it's pretty clear to me I kinda like it still not 100% on it. But want to hear what others think about this compared to the prototype truck tesla first truck.jpg
VS this

tesla 2nd truck.jpg

Bond007

I don’t mind the styling now. People just need to realize it appears more like Honda Ridgeline storage area, and not full size truck.

Lysrin

I don't like the look of it at all myself. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all :)

I thought the ball-bearing window thing was funny. Was it funny on purpose? Surely someone tested that before the demo... right?

gingerbee

Oh ya for sure that was so they can talk about it once they fix the window and it makes people talk about it for months to come. I am in agreement with what Linus said on the WAN show last night

Bond007

Just to clarify, I don’t mind the top picture, but dislike the bottom. That being said, there is no way I would buy either.

JD

Staff member
Just to clarify, I don’t mind the top picture, but dislike the bottom. That being said, there is no way I would buy either.
Top picture was just community made though, it was never from Tesla, and likely never even on their drawing boards.

The Cybertruck literally looks like it's from some futuristic movie or game. I still don't understand how it's going to pass crash safety tests either, especially if it's as "strong" and "rigid" as they claim.

I don't really understand their market here either though as this doesn't seem like something a typical pickup buyer would buy. And if we look at America... there seems to be a lot of people that are against Telsa entirely. Current day pickups from Ford, Dodge, GM, etc all have pretty lavish interior options too, this looked really sparse in the video I saw of them driving it.

Izerous

I have mixed feelings. I think one reason for the design is cost. This has a pretty aggressive MSRP at 39,999 use for the base model. Start giving it complex body panels and such and cost would skyrocket drastically.

The biggest problem I think is towing range. TFLTrucks did a towing test with a model x and it absolutely devoured the battery. I think it was somewhere around 1/3 normal range of memory serves me correctly.

KaptCrunch

Towing? Would need 2 trailers, 1 with extra batteries then your toy behind
If on vacation

Latest posts

Twitter