What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Beats by Dr. Dre Review Comment thread

Robscix

Hey audio fans, this thread is for comments relating to the new review of the Beats by Dr. Dre Heapdhones.

magictorch

Great review nice balance of text and great pics..
Thats a nice pair of cups-they look just right. Never experienced a set of good quality headphones, so tempting.

Eldonko

Great review, I would love a set of those suckas but Im one of the I would not spend $400 on headphones guys heh. Also posting the review link in thread is helpful. :)

Robscix

I have tested out quite a few sets of high quality cans adn these are right up there. Not all gimmack and flash they sound quite good. Especially connected to a great soundcard. The Price may seem a bit steep for a set aimed at the mainstream but when you start looing at can meant for the high end market, the price can get quite steep quite fast.

Last edited:

Infiniti

I tried these on at Future Shop, and boy, they sound awesome. Only thing that's probably keeping most people from getting them is the price. $400 for headphones does seem quite steep, especially during this time.

cadaveca

Banned
I have tested out quite a few sets of high qulaity cans adn these are right up there. Not all gimmack and flash they sound quite good. Especially connected to a great soundcard.

Yeah, I actually heard from people close to Dre(read:marketing peeps) before they came out that they were impressed, but thought the price a bit high. Your review mirror's thier comments, so I gotta find a pair, slip 'em on, and see...and if they are as good as I think, then I'll be buying a set. It's jsut that I don't know that my ears will be able to tell the difference any more! :haha:

I was actually quite shocked to see a review on here...someone has some good contacts!

M

member 3099

Awesome! I've never tried really expensive headphones before so I'm not sure what it's like... I just use speakers for that..

$400 for headphones.. would these be worth it compared to a good set of $200 headphones? Hmm.. Not that I'll be dropping that kind of money on headphones any time soon

I see how you tested them with W@W.. I bet those headphones were laughing at the crap that comes out of that game. Worst sound from any game I've ever heard.. COD2/4 sound pretty good though! Especially 4.

Robscix

If your interested in the headphones, have a listen at the local shop. Make up your own mind from there...

NightRain

I was surprised to read these were Futureshop exclusive, especially since they are on NCIX.COM. I was also surprised they reviewed so well, I was expecting them to be overpriced junk.

Latest posts