What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress The Crippled God. Scratch Open Frame Build.

lowfat

Staff member
C'mon.... lowfat would never change things around mid build..... :whistle:
Which is why doing a 3d model is so beneficial to me :biggrin:. I don't have to just go by my imagination and trial and error. Plus the modeling is rather enjoyable. Until I mess up huge and end up having to redo something I've spent hours on.

lowfat

Staff member
Malazan, Book of the Fallen. Why the case name? Red/black theme?
I like the name :whistle:. Most of my builds over the last few years have used names from Malazan. Mael(build got scrapped), my VMWare server is Queen of Dreams, my PfSense router will be Hood's Path. :biggrin:

And no it won't be red / black. The 'case' will be black. I want all the hardware to be colour neutral. Then for sleeving it will be MDPC-X Grand Bleu and Perfect Pink. Love how those two colours go together.

Got the mounts for some LEDs drawn up. The top section.

Having a hard time finding a place where to put them in the lower section though. Was able to hide some on the right side / back of the case. Not sure if this will be enough. I'll have some under the motherboard tray as well, but that really won't help w/ illuminating the system though.

From straight on. The mount only sticks out a couple of mm.

LED strip was modeled by Julio Gonzalez @ GrabCAD

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Saw this yesterday. The pump bracket caught my attention.
Seeing this again today... using an off-axis design to support a vibrating component is looking for trouble.
I'd redesign the bracket with at least a second support, and have the pump centered.

Otherwise, build is awesome. :thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
Saw this yesterday. The pump bracket caught my attention.
Seeing this again today... using an off-axis design to support a vibrating component is looking for trouble.
I'd redesign the bracket with at least a second support, and have the pump centered.

Otherwise, build is awesome. :thumb:
You think it will be noisy or somehow damage the pump?

It really won't be hard to resdesign it to be held in place w/ both sides.

EDIT: Pic of the redesigned pump mount.

Last edited:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Neither noise nor pump damage, but vibration from the pump could have induced structural damage to the bracket. With a single point of failure, that's where the trouble was: with a bracket failure, who knows how the pump would have behaved.

2 points is definitely better. Vibrations are no longer concentrated in one location, being the angled surface at the case interface point.

SugarJ

Staff member
Knowing lowfat, he'll probably print both designs off and test the 1st one anyways. Having had a couple of 3D printed structural parts fail on my CNC router, I'd stick with the 2nd pump mount design, or print the 1st one with 100% infill. Vibrations do funny things to plastic parts.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter