What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress The Crippled God. Scratch Open Frame Build.

sswilson

Staff member
Using Fusion 360.

Most of the models are from https://grabcad.com. Saves a huge amount of time generally.
Ooooohhhhhh..... thanks for the source. I'll have to check it out.

Finding pre-built models is super helpful for folks (like me) who aren't skilled at CAD/3D modelling.... finding something as simple as a recessed screw in thinkercad to user on my door guides was a huge help!

danmitch1

Using Fusion 360.

Most of the models are from https://grabcad.com. Saves a huge amount of time generally.
The renders are pretty good. Ill have to give that a try.

I was thinking that might have been the case . Alot of work went into those models and I was like , did he really go through all the trouble of modeling that much detail on the mock up parts. Nice source for sure!

lowfat

Staff member
Started working on the case again. I need to paint the entire case while on the frame. I am not completely sure the frame is 100% square though. I was planning on waiting for the side panels to get done to do the painting to verify they fit right. But then covid happened. So I'm just going to risk it and paint it before the side panels get done.

Sleeved the fans. What a pain in the ass to get them installed. Didn't really think that process through all that well. :eek:

I can't actually see the screws, they sit on a lip underneath. Then there is just a 3mm hole to fit a screwdriver through. Honestly took me 30 minutes to figure out how to install the first one.

Each fan has 2 sets of wires. One for the standard, and then another for fan control.

Have made some basic covers to hide the connectors.

danmitch1

Awesome! Hey is that back plate 3d printed too? looks like metal..

danmitch1

The motherboard tray? Definitely printed. Everything except the 2020 extrusion frame is printed.
Im guessing you managed to piece together several parts into one seamlessly ? Or you have a very large printer ..
Fkin nice paint job!

lowfat

Staff member
Im guessing you managed to piece together several parts into one seamlessly ? Or you have a very large printer ..
Fkin nice paint job!
Everything was printed on my modded Prusa MK3S. 252x210x205mm in size. It is a lot of different pieces. About 15 or so IIRC.

danmitch1

Everything was printed on my modded Prusa MK3S. 252x210x205mm in size. It is a lot of different pieces. About 15 or so IIRC.

ahhha, turned out really good. nice job!

Latest posts

Twitter