What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed The Crippled God. Scratch Open Frame Build.

dragoonxx

The aluminum extrusion? You should be able to buy it in Vancouver. I'll probably buy mine from Spool3d.ca out of Calgary. They cut it to the lengths I need and don't charge extra for it. Probably about $50 for the aluminum plus shipping.

The t-nuts used to screw it together are harder to find. Not sure you can get them locally. I buy them from Aliexpress. But Spool3d sell them as well.

what kind of T-Nut are you planning/thinking of using? Fastenal carries...lots of kinds of them - so there's another possible option.

lowfat

Staff member
Did I really start modeling this back in April last year :whistle:. Still have plans to do this. Although I have thought of just designing a slightly smaller air cooled one. My current PC has been air cooled for a few months and IMO there were very few downsides. Only thing that happened was having to lower my GPU overclock a bit.

what kind of T-Nut are you planning/thinking of using? Fastenal carries...lots of kinds of them - so there's another possible option.

I have ridiculous amounts of metric fasteners including tons of t-nuts for 2020 and 3030 extrusion due to building 3d printer stuff w/ it. I just don't like cutting extrusions myself, so I'd just buy pre cut stuff.

dragoonxx

fair, but as an option to others who may not have oodles of that around- fastenal probably carries usable T-Nuts, lol

lowfat

Staff member
Time to get back @ this. Started buying new parts for a new rig. 3900x on order. Asus Prime X570-Pro arrives today. Since the case will take a quite to build, by the time I'm nearing done a new AMD GPU will be out. :rolleyes:

Been working on this a lot over the last few weeks. First major point is that I am done w/ watercooling. I've been using air for over a year now and honestly see no reason to jump back in to water.
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Got a few meters of UV LEDs on order. Already received the spool of WS2815 addressable RGBs. Not sure if these will work w/ Asus Aura, I may need to build/buy my own controller. Sleeving on order. And just a few smaller things needed for the case mod. Have some 6mm thick acrylic sheets that hopefully I can get CNCed for the side panels.

Noctua model by Kevin Yu @ Grabcad

Jokester

Always love your builds, looking forward to seeing it's progress.

Dazmode has an adapter if you wanted to use your rgb strips with Asus Aura

danmitch1

Nice stuff. I would make the honey comb grills a bit thinner ? They look awfully thick, might save you some filament no?

lowfat

Staff member
Nice stuff. I would make the honey comb grills a bit thinner ? They look awfully thick, might save you some filament no?

I like the deep honeycomb personally. Plus that way I have the depth to recess screws.

Always love your builds, looking forward to seeing it's progress.

Dazmode has an adapter if you wanted to use your rgb strips with Asus Aura
There are many different protocols for the data line on addressable rgbs. On a regular strip, if an LED fails, every led after it won't work. With the ones I have it will asit uses two data lines. Unfortunately it seems like Asus doesn't support them. No big deal tho. I can build a controller for about $5. And it will work worth my home automation server w/o issue.

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
There are many different protocols for the data line on addressable rgbs. On a regular strip, if an LED fails, every led after it won't work. With the ones I have it will asit uses two data lines. Unfortunately it seems like Asus doesn't support them. No big deal tho. I can build a controller for about $5. And it will work worth my home automation server w/o issue.

Old/cheap style christmas lights all over again replace 1 bulb in the middle of the string to find out there is another burnt out one 3 bulbs down. I recall being in elemental school and sitting on the floor for hours progressing through the strings of lights before my dad hung them up.

Latest posts