What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Death of the HWC folding team.

BrainEater

The numbers speak for themselves.
Our F@H team is toast.
-----------------------
LoTech , stop folding.
No matter what I'm taking the points title too....the WU title is mine by a million miles.
We're either starting a race and getting more members, or moving on.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Blame MLMcoin. Err bitcoin. You remember that revolutionary way of making payments that makes no sense whatsoever but people try to convince you that it does? Yeah. That thing.

Altruistic action got replaced by making a buck. Get owned libtards!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ravenor

What Sagath said and that energy/hydro bills are going up. People do not want to leave their computers on all the time now.

Entz

Random question, why do you need to quit (or move on) even if its really just you two? Keep going for the team?

Heck I was looking there are still active members on the NCIX team :oops:

I agree with Sagath said. Folding coin helped a bit but scam coins made way more money. I personally dont want the heat anymore, and haven't done either for years, which is ironic given its almost winter lol.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Random question, why do you need to quit (or move on) even if its really just you two? Keep going for the team?

Heck I was looking there are still active members on the NCIX team :oops:

I agree with Sagath said. Folding coin helped a bit but scam coins made way more money. I personally dont want the heat anymore, and haven't done either for years, which is ironic given its almost winter lol.
indeed...Vortex is talking about putting a 20 core Xeon E5 in his rig so he's got more heat going out for his place, LoL!

gingerbee

Ya the main reason I stopped is I got really sick again ( before we knew what was wrong with me ) and I couldn't afford to pay for it anymore and now it's pretty much the same thing need to save as much money as me and the wife can ( to buy a house )

The sad fact is folding may have helped me or people like me in the long run with my disease. wish I could afford it still sorry

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Ya the main reason I stopped is I got really sick again ( before we knew what was wrong with me ) and I couldn't afford to pay for it anymore and now it's pretty much the same thing need to save as much money as me and the wife can ( to buy a house )

The sad fact is folding may have helped me or people like me in the long run with my disease. wish I could afford it still sorry
SOLAR POWER ON THE ROOF!!! sell excess tot he grid ;)

Izerous

Folding Team
SOLAR POWER ON THE ROOF!!! sell excess tot he grid ;)

Sometimes it makes more sense to feed everything from the panels directly to the grid. Instead of trying to hybridize the system. It simplifies hardware needed and installation costs. And depending on what rebates and grants are in position sometimes the feeded kWh is valued higher than the consumed kWh. ie your 10 kWhs put on the grid can be worth $1 where the 10kWhs consumed might only cost $0.80 (numbers made up to simplify the example) but that varies greatly by region etc.

Black_Ice-Dragon

You know I used to do folding a long time ago. Reading that its still a thing and there are still people on here doing it. Maybe I can throw up a vm on my 14 core server and throw some stuff this way since its already on 24/7