What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ipaine

Hmm, very crippled? What exactly is driving you crazy? At this point for me it is just kind of getting used to it but so far I don't see how the PC controls are crippled.

Nexitus

The four star menu where i can only use wasd and enter to go into each menu is pretty annoying. Usually I can just use my mouse to highlight and click into it. Now I have to take my hand off my mouse on many occasions just to hit the enter. Its annoying...not game breaking, but very annoying.

ipaine

The four star menu where i can only use wasd and enter to go into each menu is pretty annoying. Usually I can just use my mouse to highlight and click into it. Now I have to take my hand off my mouse on many occasions just to hit the enter. Its annoying...not game breaking, but very annoying.
Ok, I give in, that is annoying. We should be able to use the mouse. Actually what bugs me, and maybe I'm just missing something, is once I'm in my inventory and I assign a weapon to one hand I have to go right out by using Tab, and then back in to the four star menu to assign a spell.

So annoying yes, crippled no. I'm sure it won't be too long before someone mods the UI and makes it the way it should have been.

Arinoth

Staff member
Ok, I give in, that is annoying. We should be able to use the mouse. Actually what bugs me, and maybe I'm just missing something, is once I'm in my inventory and I assign a weapon to one hand I have to go right out by using Tab, and then back in to the four star menu to assign a spell.

So annoying yes, crippled no. I'm sure it won't be too long before someone mods the UI and makes it the way it should have been.
That's the thing though, the game shouldn't have these quirks out of the box and require third party mods to do this. We'll probably say/see Skyrim as being an amazing flawless game 6 months down the line when the mod community have fixed a lot of the bugs/quirks, but its not what you essentially paid for out of the box, making it a lower quality product. I know I'm being negative on Skyrim and haven't had the chance to play it yet, I'm just trying to play devils advocate to a rather largely hyped game.

ipaine

That's the thing though, the game shouldn't have these quirks out of the box and require third party mods to do this. We'll probably say/see Skyrim as being an amazing flawless game 6 months down the line when the mod community have fixed a lot of the bugs/quirks, but its not what you essentially paid for out of the box, making it a lower quality product. I know I'm being negative on Skyrim and haven't had the chance to play it yet, I'm just trying to play devils advocate to a rather largely hyped game.

Again like in that other thread, you are right we should not have to be waiting for modders to fix the issues that should have never been there in the first place. They could have easily put more thought into the PC version and done it right but they didn't and for that they pissed me off. But that said I will still do my best to enjoy the game I purchased and am happy that at least there will be mods coming that should fix most of these issues, even if they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Lpfan4ever

As I was saying in Vent yesterday, games seems to be pushed out, to be finished at a later date. It shouldn't be that way at all but that's most games today.

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before, but I figured I'd give this a try. Too bad I'm working all day today

ccm001

Want to know something ironic? I have seen the pirated version working and the hackers now have a mouse fix out that enables mouse menu use in game. So the pirates have a fix out before bethesda, go figure.

Deeival

I can use my mouse just fine in every menu and never had to hit enter like someone above complained about.
Tbh most of you just sound like you complain for the sake of complaining.

ipained: Use I, P, M and ? instead of the Star menu.

Twitter