What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Varroa

I would give it 5/5 if it wasn't for the shadows. I get these weird pixelated shadows similar to the ones I saw in older games like KOTOR and Mass Effect. Otherwise the graphics and decent and the game play is excellent. The menus suck big time and are certainly geared for the console. Now if I can just kill these two dam giants that keep getting in my way.....

ultraman7k

I haven't had any problems with the menu aside from having rebound one of my keys, which then caused the drop function for items to stop working.

remapped it to the default and it was fine.

Why oh why does time pass so swiftly whilst playing Skyrim?

But yeah, aside from the 2 random crashes that I had, no problems on this side.

Such a good game.

Shadowmeph

I haven't had any problems with the menu aside from having rebound one of my keys, which then caused the drop function for items to stop working.

remapped it to the default and it was fine.

Why oh why does time pass so swiftly whilst playing Skyrim?

But yeah, aside from the 2 random crashes that I had, no problems on this side.

Such a good game.
I have the same darn problem , I never though of rebinding the key I think I will try this. The game did crash once for no apparent reason but other then that I havn't had any problems at all so far.

ipaine

No crashes for me and I have about 50 hours and 8 dragon kills.

Oh and to whoever said they didn't get a manual, you can get it from steam. Just right-click on Skyrim in your games library and you should see the option to view manual.

keto

First crash for me tonight, level 12 with I dunno how many hours in. Just BOOM desktop, no messages warnings or other indicators. My buddy says HIS buddy turned down AA and quit having crashes. Could be, I get wierd jumpiness and screen flicker occasionally, usually around water and especially waterfalls and indoors. Also, outdoors, I frequently see animals in the distance 'vibrating'.

Lamb

Getting less crash beinh at ultra settings than high...whatever! Hope they'll fix it anyways.

Level 18, about 7 dragon kills so far, thane in 2 cities, 5 shouts, 1 fully decorated house (doesn't cost that much) + 10k gold + 15k worth of stuff or more in my house chest (I'm hoarding lol).

Just lovin' the game.

Paladin type character : restoration, 1 handed weapons, heavy armor, block, speech...

Will try pure mage, pure melee tank type and assassin/thief on other playthrough!

With the slow shout, you can get to kill giants easily...sort of...:whistle:

NI3

Not sure if this has been posted, but shadows run on the cpu. They should be running on the GPU, but consoles are more cpu powered, thus PC loses again. Turning them down may gain you a huge boost in fps.

Silvgearx

Wow, dragons already.

Took me like 15 minutes to corner the elk, but I am on my second one.:bananafunky:

Why does this game take so much effort. :whistle:

Twitter