What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

JayDeeHobbit

I played this some more last night:
Terrible menu navigation system requres a mix of keystrokes and mouse clicks is a real PITA.

Even worse is the lack of any high-lighting of useable items. Games like this MUST have some kind of indication when you are near an item that you can use and as well a name flating above it is nice so you can determine if you actually want to pick it up or not. There is soooo much crap to pick up in this game and the only way to know if anything is useable is to move right beside it it and put the crosshairs on it. What idiot developer let this happen? I've checked the manual and also looked at a few online guides in an attempt to see if there is any switch I need to toggle to get "item high-light" mode active and I've found nothing. This really bugs me and I'm putting this on the shelf until there is a patch to include high-lighting.

Shadowmeph

I wished I was able to get all of my mouse buttons to work so I could hot key them, also I can't drop things and the horse I bought keeps taking off on me when ever I get off the thing lol, I seem to remember in oblivion that you could whistle to call your horse if it was near by.
what there are Guardian stones hehe I never heard about themt I am only level 8 not sure if that matters.

Nodscene

The guardian stones improve skill learning by 25% so it's pretty useful. You can see them on your map right by the first village you come across.

wedge22

I am really enjoying the game, but then I loved Oblivion so it was to be expected. Currently I am an Orc and have mainly focused on 2H attacks with my Orcish Warhammer, very powerful, I have also enchanted several of my own items which is pretty cool. Last night I managed to learn how to craft Dwarven Armor, now my Orc looks like a badass. I have also dabbled in magic and have been enjoying Zombie and Firebolt, zombies are useful free companions for the 60 seconds they live. I am also the Thane of the Jarl of Whiterun, and a werewolf, quite alot done for level 11.

SugarJ

Staff member
Apparently Skyrim sold 3.5 million copies in the first 48 hours over all platforms, and Steam has had up to 280,000 people playing it at the same time on PC.

keto

Oh man, I hate that. Kill dargon yay! Grab soul & bones, run over to kill nearby mob that's zapping me with arrows, fall off tree bridge into canyon & the great beyond. It was HOW LONG AGO SINCE I SAVED???!!?!?!

The items menu isn't that bad, you can use W-A-S-D to navigate and E to select. It's not as well implemented with dialogue, I can't tell which selection I'm on and often listen to the same speech 2-3 times.

Re: loot on the ground and on mobs, wowsir, you are very impatient. We're talking about a few seconds to investigate that pile over there...to me, it's part of the adventure.

Nodscene

Well I can't say I have a problem with forgetting to save....I have almost 300 saves at level 19 haha.

Konstantinov

This game is so awesome IMHO. If you can get used to the crappy navigation menu stuff, it's really a superb game. Between this and Assassin's Creed: Revelations, I am going to be very busy up until Star Wars: the Old Republic early access time. :clap:

BrianHanna

Dragon Vs Mammoth.

This game is ******* epic.

25 hours in, and i've barely touched the main quest.

Latest posts

Twitter