What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Chos3n

I would start breathing slowly if I were you guys.

These guys are Bethesda, not EA or Ubisoft. These guys are community oriented, they'll iron things out.

YukonTrooper

Exactly why I'm waiting 1-1.5yrs for all major patches and an established modding community.

JayDeeHobbit

Arrrrg.... my life is going to be wasted for months on this game.
I started my character as a mage and I loved it... but... I started to wear armor and a sword just to level up those skills for the XP And I love the melee as well :p
So a battle mage it is for me but since I wasn't planning for this from the start my perks are all wrong. I still intend to finish this toon but I now HAVE to start another one after with a BattleMage build from the git-go.

Curse you Skyrim... no sleep for me till the new year. :p

muse108dc

Ive just about completed my first playthough and I've clocked in 150 hours. I'm not sure if i should be proud of this or deeply saddened. The only thing that really bothers me about this game (LAA fixes 90% of my in game issues) is that at as I approached level 50 with 100 one handed and 100 heavy armor nothing could touch me anymore except for a few arch mages, even dragon battle's lost their difficulty. Though I may take a break from it for a few days before i start my new mage character.

The only other thing that bothered me is leveled items (i can stand leveled characters if I have to but leveled items annoy me)

ccm001

I started my character as a mage and I loved it... but... I started to wear armor and a sword just to level up those skills for the XP And I love the melee as well :p
So a battle mage it is for me but since I wasn't planning for this from the start my perks are all wrong. I still intend to finish this toon but I now HAVE to start another one after with a BattleMage build from the git-go.

I went with a battlemage build using an Imperial as my race. They have an initial good mix of magic, heavy armour and weapon use. I've got my heavy armour, dual casting spells (shock ;)), or my favorite combo of spell and one-handed sword :)

Dark-elf makes for a good battlemage mix too, only their initial focus is light armour. Course with skyrim you can advance any skill with any race just by using and/or training.

JayDeeHobbit

Course with skyrim you can advance any skill with any race just by using and/or training.
I agree = from what I've seen any race can be any class and the starting skill points are not important. It's more important for the racial trait IMO so I think I'll play a wood elf next for the 50% poison and 50% disease resistances. I'll bet the many bandits you fight use poison a lot as well as a lot of critters.

Loving the battle mage so far. For a dragon (in the air) or a boss I'll fry them with dual casted fireballs and the mobs I'll take on toe to toe with dual weild swords. :biggrin:

lowfat

Staff member
I started out planning on going all out melee + light armor. However once I realized how awesome dual fisting destruction magic is I barely ever use melee.

JayDeeHobbit

Ive just about completed my first playthough and I've clocked in 150 hours. I'm not sure if i should be proud of this or deeply saddened. The only thing that really bothers me about this game (LAA fixes 90% of my in game issues) is that at as I approached level 50 with 100 one handed and 100 heavy armor nothing could touch me anymore except for a few arch mages, even dragon battle's lost their difficulty. Though I may take a break from it for a few days before i start my new mage character.

The only other thing that bothered me is leveled items (i can stand leveled characters if I have to but leveled items annoy me)
Yikes! = 150 hours :)
I've noticed the game getting easy at points as well and I think it's because I've done quests in the wrong order and am just doing a bunch that I should have done 10 levels ago. What dificulty level are you at? Can you notch the difficulty up some?

muse108dc

Yikes! = 150 hours :)
I've noticed the game getting easy at points as well and I think it's because I've done quests in the wrong order and am just doing a bunch that I should have done 10 levels ago. What dificulty level are you at? Can you notch the difficulty up some?

started at what ever default is and then bumped it up and have been playing at master for the last 25ish levels at least. Its a lot easier than it should be.

And you think thats bad, wait till mods start coming out good and proper with the Creation kit, thats when the real fun starts.

Latest posts