What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I think that is what I like best about the Elder Scrolls series, the pacing. Frantic firefights mixed with wandering through flowery fields.

I fell we spend too much time on inventory management though.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, I haven't looked into what controls our ability to carry stuff... I'm assuming it's the stamina setting, but that's just a guess.

Inventory control has been the bane of RPG players from the days of paper and pencil games.... there's a reason why tartus style (bigger on the inside than outside) bags are so popular in D&D style games... imagine in real life if you were carrying around 3 full sets of iron armour while going deeper into the dungeon looking for more loot to sell.... ;)

One thing I haven't quite got yet (have to look at the controls page to figure it out I guess... ;) ) is how to bring up a proper status page... I know I was running around diseased for quite some time last night before running into some clerics who kindly healed me, and had a couple of NPCs tell me that I didn't look too good, but pulling up that info on the PC controls wasn't intuitive enough for me to stumble across it.

krazyups

I've found that under your magic, active effects section it will list what ailments you currently have (I've had bone break disease or whatever it's called a couple of times). Typically I just activate a shrine when I come across one and it takes care of all that for me.

G

Well finally after a format Xfire is working without a hitch for me.
And actually reinstalling my games was super easy, I keep Steam on it own drive so all I did was gather the saves and random files I needed backed them up. Formatted , steam would launch from the spare drive but wasnt installed correctly so simple y reinstalled steam to the same directory and volia all my games work fine no DLing.
Nice I always though with steam you need to reinstall, guess not.

SSAA looks beautiful from the top of whiterun.

muse108dc

Yeah, I haven't looked into what controls our ability to carry stuff... I'm assuming it's the stamina setting, but that's just a guess.

Inventory control has been the bane of RPG players from the days of paper and pencil games.... there's a reason why tartus style (bigger on the inside than outside) bags are so popular in D&D style games... imagine in real life if you were carrying around 3 full sets of iron armour while going deeper into the dungeon looking for more loot to sell.... ;)

One thing I haven't quite got yet (have to look at the controls page to figure it out I guess... ;) ) is how to bring up a proper status page... I know I was running around diseased for quite some time last night before running into some clerics who kindly healed me, and had a couple of NPCs tell me that I didn't look too good, but pulling up that info on the PC controls wasn't intuitive enough for me to stumble across it.

Can I assume you meant Tardis and autocorrect broke it for you?

And I think possibly it might be Health that increases your load but I cant remember. I took a break after my first playthrough to wait for the creation kit and a good number of mods to showup, as well as the quest bug fixes.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah... tardis, and no... I'm not going to blame my poor / incorrect spelling on autospell. I just buggered it up. ;)

I double checked, and yeah, it's stamina which increases your carrying capacity by 5 lbs each time.

G

Yeah... tardis, and no... I'm not going to blame my poor / incorrect spelling on autospell. I just buggered it up. ;)

I double checked, and yeah, it's stamina which increases your carrying capacity by 5 lbs each time.
Grab a follower and load him/her up.

I leveled up enough that I no longer grab everything, I pick and choose what I gather now. Other than houses and spells/ect gold becomes obsolete really all you need is you level up smithing and enchanting. Since you will be making your shit rather than buying it. Transmute+ high speech = endless cashflow. Buy / gather all the iron ore you can, if you have it put on magic regen set, turn the iron ore to gold ore, switch to speech set if you have it, sell for profit to merchant. After 48 repeat since that s the respawn for merchants supplies.
:thumb:

G

Was Skyrim 50% off for a while yesterday on Greenmangaming?
I heard the same thing but the site would not load for me for almost 2 hours, I gave up. Was going to pick up a couple copies for gifts.:angry2:

Latest posts