What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Varroa

HQ pack looks very good! Better than the unofficial one I was using before (2K). Only issue I see is sometimes I get some flickering of the scenery between high and low res textures (noticed it about 6 or 7 times over a 2 hour gaming period).

Sagath

Staff member
HQ pack looks very good! Better than the unofficial one I was using before (2K). Only issue I see is sometimes I get some flickering of the scenery between high and low res textures (noticed it about 6 or 7 times over a 2 hour gaming period).
I didnt notice that big of an improvement to be honest. I'm going to uncheck the DLC and load up the same place twice to give myself a shot for short comparison, simply because it was several weeks before the DLC since I last played, so my memory is probably foggy at best how 'good' it was.

The one thing I DID notice is that it doesnt seem to be taxing my gtx580 any harder to push those textures. This is nice :thumb:

Edit: Since I'm at work, and have the time, I used my google-fu to pull up some comparisons
Skyrim High Resolution Texture Pack screenshot comparison - Neoseeker News Article
Skyrim: The High Res Texture Difference - PC Feature at IGN

The differences are very slight, but still add a bit of 'sharpness' to the blurry world that was before. I'm going to go to a waterfall and check tho, I couldnt find an image of that.

Also during my google-fu, I found this: Portal 2 and Skyrim Collide - PC News at IGN which made me laugh.

Last edited:

muse108dc

everything is a little sharper, a little more defined. Not a huge leap but still a nice improvement over stock. I will admits never used the 2k textures so I can't comment there.

On2wheels

I'd like a coupon for this to grab it on sale, now's a good time isn't it, Summer sale is probably the next discount.

muse108dc

I picked up Morrowind in the christmas sale, never seen it go below the 50% off. I think Skyrim is easily a good buy at 33% off.

enaberif

Before the HQ pack my GPU was like 70' during game play.
After the HQ pack my temps go no higher than 60'

Latest posts

Twitter