What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

NyteOwl

I've had so many people recommend it I was considering until I found it required Steam to play. NO THANKS!

muse108dc

I've had so many people recommend it I was considering until I found it required Steam to play. NO THANKS!
Have something against Steam? I did as well. Then I got a credit card.

But really as far as game management systems go its second to none. Cloud saves work, you cant lose your game, automatic updating, huge sales on top games, large library of indie games as well as AAA titles, and non intrusive unlike Origin.

And as for Skyrim, about to start up anouther playthrough, have quite a few mods lined up as well as all the updates from Bethesda but mod recommendations are always more than welcome.

TedShackley

I'm still playing, can't seem to stop. I started using Jasmin-ENB real graphic mod and its almost like a new experience in skyrim. Mod here: Jasmin ENB real Graphic Mod at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

No one starts selling daedric, can only be crafted or it can be made at the Atronach Forge. You don't need high smithing to make it at the forge, just the right ingredients.
Atronach Forge - The Elder Scrolls Wiki
yeah I searched later, at this point I'm not going to waste perks on any smithing, I've used several on enchanting so thats alright

for this character when I'm low on magic and about to die, when I have to get things killed, I suit up in glass armor and jewlery for 1 handed perks, and dual wield, and if I had any magic left before I'd use ebony flesh as of level 42, soon to be dragon skin

NyteOwl

Have something against Steam? I did as well. Then I got a credit card.

But really as far as game management systems go its second to none. Cloud saves work, you cant lose your game, automatic updating, huge sales on top games, large library of indie games as well as AAA titles, and non intrusive unlike Origin.

And as for Skyrim, about to start up anouther playthrough, have quite a few mods lined up as well as all the updates from Bethesda but mod recommendations are always more than welcome.
Yeah I do when it prevents me from playing games I bought retail... http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/52521-steam-help-please.html

draemn

Website
forums.rampantspeculation.com
yeah I searched later, at this point I'm not going to waste perks on any smithing, I've used several on enchanting so thats alright

for this character when I'm low on magic and about to die, when I have to get things killed, I suit up in glass armor and jewlery for 1 handed perks, and dual wield, and if I had any magic left before I'd use ebony flesh as of level 42, soon to be dragon skin
Unless you wear cloth/robes all the time, it is 100% worth investing in smithing so you can improve how much you upgrade your armour and also to make your own high level armour (i.e. ebony, daedric, or dragon depending what one you like the looks of better). Smithing is soooo easy to grind buy just collecting/buying the items required to make a TON of iron daggers. You can even practice your enchanting on the iron daggers and end up making a profit if you have the time (took me about 3 hours to reach max smithing between collecting/buying materials and actually making them).

TedShackley

Unless you wear cloth/robes all the time, it is 100% worth investing in smithing so you can improve how much you upgrade your armour and also to make your own high level armour (i.e. ebony, daedric, or dragon depending what one you like the looks of better). Smithing is soooo easy to grind buy just collecting/buying the items required to make a TON of iron daggers. You can even practice your enchanting on the iron daggers and end up making a profit if you have the time (took me about 3 hours to reach max smithing between collecting/buying materials and actually making them).
I'm not going to bother this character, and gold certainly isn't an issue, I'm game world rich

I can't find out yet what "poison of weakness to magic" does, does it make the target weaker to enchanted weapons magical damage, or just make them weaker to cast spells?

muse108dc

I'm not going to bother this character, and gold certainly isn't an issue, I'm game world rich

I can't find out yet what "poison of weakness to magic" does, does it make the target weaker to enchanted weapons magical damage, or just make them weaker to cast spells?
I do believe its weaker against magical damage. Could be wrong by thats my interpretation of it.

Game world rich... had so much money by the end of my first playthrough I could have just bought the entire world and still had money left over. Not to mention the fact that I could arm a large army with the equipment I had horded.

@NyteOwl Ah, sorry to hear that. When things work well they can be amazing, however when they dont they do ruin your day. Sorry I can't help with that.

On2wheels

Website
www.greenmangaming.com
Is anyone playing this on ps3? Thread search came back empty. I can get this used now for decent with my trade ins, but I love Steam and a pc gamer at heart, I dont mind waiting for a steam sale either.

ipaine

Is anyone playing this on ps3? Thread search came back empty. I can get this used now for decent with my trade ins, but I love Steam and a pc gamer at heart, I dont mind waiting for a steam sale either.
Do yourself a favor and only get this on PC. It looks better, plays better, and has all of the mods that you get for PC. So just wait for a steam sale or something if you need to, but just get it on PC and not anything else.

Latest posts

Twitter