What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

TokeR

Don't we know it. I loved how the entire crowd began to boo him when he mentioned he was using an Xbox with the slight cheers from the Xbox fans. Would be cool if he made a simple 5-10 Minute game play video with himself commentating over the PC version and instead of recording a projection of the game play directly recording game play in HD so we can get a really nice feel of the game, Also without the crowd yelling and cheering at him he could talk more about the game.. Right about here is where I realised I'm becoming a little obsessed with Skyrim. haha. Not saying that's a bad thing though!

ipaine

I really want that collectors edition, but I don't think I can really justify the cost.

TokeR

I know what you mean, I am still thinking about it.. although I am pretty adamant I won't be buying it. I hate how things always seem to Cost more in Australia lol. $50 More than everywhere else and I thought the Cad/US price was rough when I saw it, now I think you guys are lucky haha.

I do like the sound of that "Making of" DVD and the Art work book, The statue also looks awesome but I don't really keep that kind of stuff on display lol.. Wouldn't have a place it would fit in if I did either.

ipaine

Well after watching a little bit of it, my first impression with regards to graphics is, subpar. Gameplay looks good though.

This is even more so after seeing what CDProjekt Red pulled off with the Witcher 2 on the 360. So in other words I know it could be better. Of course I have been playing the Witcher 2 on PC and frankly I guess it has spoiled me in regards to graphics. I do still really want to play Skyrim, but I really hope they can do better on the graphics front, at least with the PC. I just hope that it does not turn out to be some have assed port. I really want to see menus and such on the PC version. Anyone know if they have shown anything from the PC version?

lowfat

Staff member
The characters look 11ty times better than Oblivion. But landscape isn't a huge improvement. As long as modding tools are included we will see high resolution textures available within the first few months.

ipaine

The characters look 11ty times better than Oblivion. But landscape isn't a huge improvement. As long as modding tools are included we will see high resolution textures available within the first few months.

Yea, I know the modders will fix it, but the fact remains it shouldn't be up to modders to make the game the way it should be out of the box.

ultraman7k

just a quick question, i'm looking forward to this, but haven't kept tabs on it.

did they ever mention if it was developed for PC first? or was it a console focus...?

Latest posts