What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

keto

I'm not sure where to go or what to do, there's so much! Do I stay with the main storyline or side quest a bit. I've done my Greybeard horn quest, just killed a dragon for Delphine. So many choices already and its early!

I've done probably 14 levels since I did that and still haven't done the follow up. I've done dozens of quests and tons of exploration....have around 30 quests in my log, and there must be another 100 or more out there as there are at least 3 major cities I haven't been to yet, or just touched down briefly passing through. Incredible game.

Shadowmeph

If you have shouts that are locked then and have Dragon Souls to spend then just go into the magic menu then down to shouts. Just hover over the shout that needs unlocking and down at the bottom you will see it say press something to unlock. I can't actually remember which key it is but I think it might be R or something like that. I'll try to remember to look next time I have one to unlock.

You can pay certain people in some of the bars to come with you. And also there is Lydia, who you get once/if you become thane of Whiterun. I'm sure there are more but I have yet to find them.

Yes it says to press the r key but it doesn't work, this is a huge thing that I don't like about this game it seems that the r key is friggedup in some cases , for instance to drop items you are supposed to press r well that doesn't work , what I have to do ( and is very frustrating when I am overweighted) is I have to find something to drop the items into.

my Lydia died a while back which sucks because she was carrying allot of stuff and I cannot carry all those + what I am already carrying. I think I am going to go back to whiterun and see if she respawns.

somecanadianguy

Yes it says to press the r key but it doesn't work, this is a huge thing that I don't like about this game it seems that the r key is friggedup in some cases , for instance to drop items you are supposed to press r well that doesn't work , what I have to do ( and is very frustrating when I am overweighted) is I have to find something to drop the items into.

I haven't had any issues with the R key so far.
Dropping items works fine for me.
Haven't tried it with a dragon soul yet... I'll go try that.
Maybe backup your saves and reinstall the game?

Inate8

If you have changed any keybindings at all, that can really screw up the default binds for you.

I've stuck with the defaults and just learned. It's really not as bad as some say, just a little irritating and you need to pay attention to what you are doing.

JayDeeHobbit

Yes it says to press the r key but it doesn't work,
Were you high-lighting a shout that is inactive when you press "r"? select an inative shout with the enter key and then press "r".

Ya the weight is a PITA... I normally don't use cheats until I've finished the first run thru of a game and then use the cheats to play a second build. Too much of a pain to not carry everything so I used a console command cheat that lets me carry 1500 pounds and I'm have over 1400 in inventory now so I might bump it up to an even ton. :p

This is oficially the "Lost Weekend of Skyrim" for me. Not the first time I've done that with a game but a real love/hate relationship with some of the difficulties this game has.

Shadowmeph

well the shout shows up in the description saying what it is , I have the first tow shouts but then I have three More that I cannot unlock, I have killed six dragons so I am pretty sure I have enough dragon souls

JayDeeHobbit

I have killed six dragons so I am pretty sure I have enough dragon souls
Says at the botom of the screen how many souls you haven't spent yet.
Locked shouts show as grey and active shouts as white.
Getting a shout is a 2 step process. You kill a dragon for a soul and you visit shrines with blus letters on it to get the shout. Then you apply the soul to the shout. You have to stand nesr the blue letters at the shrine to obtain the actual shout and there is an animation that is similar to the one that executes when you get a dragon soul.

Edit: Let me try to get a screenie.

Edit 2: Can't get a screenie...

Last edited:

Shadowmeph

I have had the wall thing happen a few times already the letters get all blewry and what not then it says that you have a new shout. it shows that I have 6 dragon souls . and Ice form Frost Breath and Become ethreal are all grey . if Ihilight any one of them and press R nothing happens , if I double click on any one of them it says that Dragon soul are needed