What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

TedShackley

there are so many ways to fight in this game, I have 3 games going

1)lvl 63 cat destruction mage/archer/thief/one hander, with lots of perks spread out in the wrong places overall, like smithing
-all destruction perks
-a few from healing, archery, alchemy, sneak, onehanded
-not that really that many from the other magic areas, at least not high up ones
-wasted some on lockpicking because I thought it was like in fallout 3/new vegas, thief, speech...
-wasted the entire group of smithing perks
-need more magic reserves really

2)lvl43 high elf mage that uses more types of magic
-more conjuration, alteration, healing, illusion, enchanting
-some archery, destruction, onehanded
-not much else but I can't remember

3)lvl 14 redguard warrior-I'm going to try to specialize this one a lot more with
-1 and 2 handed..of course
-enchanting and alchemy
-but I also want lots of alteration and restoration but thats hard since I want a ton of health and stamina
-so I don't know where this one is going either really

to keep it separate now with 3, I play only 1 character each day

enaberif

Here is an issue I have using the HD Texture Pack from Steam.. notice the fire log? And man enabling Ambient Occulsion on a 560ti kills the poor guy.

NNkQh.jpg

G

Curt there is Mod that fixes the fire/missing textures on both workshop and nexus, FYI.

sswilson

Staff member
Here is an issue I have using the HD Texture Pack from Steam.. notice the fire log? And man enabling Ambient Occulsion on a 560ti kills the poor guy.

NNkQh.jpg

Heh... yeah it does. Even on SLI'd cards it bumps the vsink'd usage up to an average up around 80% vice the aprox. 50 - 60% without it. I forgot to turn sli back on when I installed the new drivers and the single card was pegged to 98% while only producing around 40 FPS...... ;)

TedShackley

3-4 times since I have crossfire last Jan, I've had things turn blue

a dragon turned all the same color blue, and another time certain walls and ceilings inside of the Riften alchemy turned the same blue

and a few times I've killed a dragon and it never burned up and gave off a soul

enaberif

3-4 times since I have crossfire last Jan, I've had things turn blue

a dragon turned all the same color blue, and another time certain walls and ceilings inside of the Riften alchemy turned the same blue

and a few times I've killed a dragon and it never burned up and gave off a soul

The whole dragon giving a soul is based of re-spawned dragons or a first kill dragon.

TedShackley

yesterday on my lvl15 game I thought arrows were being completely blocked when I was wearing some full armor and using oak flesh

sure a few bounced of me, does that happen, or did I mis-interpret what happened

Also, do dragon's fire and frost breath count as magic, so that taking a resist magic potion helps?

I take resist fire/frost, and usually wear fire/frost boots, and I have a resist fire necklace, do they all stack together, and is there a limit

Last edited:

Latest posts