What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Feser Fairy

Frank Booth

Had a lil visit from the Feser fairy today...

Too bad one of the rad's has 17mm spacing :censored:

Attachments

• P4230173 [1024x768].JPG
    P4230173 [1024x768].JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 354

Liu Kang

Sweet set of rads there, Franky... but I don't get how one is 17mm fan spacing and the others aren't? I thought all Fesers were 15mm?

MpG

Damn, they've still got 17mm models circulating? Thought those were long gone by this point. You going to fit all those in one case?

@Liu Kang: Originally, the double and triple models were 17mm spacing, but shortly after, they switched to 15mm to standardize them to what most other rads were using, as well as many cases that are designed to hold rads without mods.

Frank Booth

Yeah they were all supposed to be 15mm but i guess they managed to sneak an old one in, it will be heading back soon. As for the case i haven't decided yet, its in between mm ufo cyo extended or a lian-li pc 343-b.

MpG

Which rad is the 17mm version? The double? Standard spacing on the MM back panels is a god-forsaken 17mm, which ticked me off when I wanted to throw a ST double on the back. Was actually considering about finding a Feser double at the time, but finally just settled for installing screws at an angle.

enaberif

Which rad is the 17mm version? The double? Standard spacing on the MM back panels is a god-forsaken 17mm, which ticked me off when I wanted to throw a ST double on the back. Was actually considering about finding a Feser double at the time, but finally just settled for installing screws at an angle.

Only because MM cases were originally designed for PA series radiators :p

And now the PAs will be changed too hahaha.

MpG

Only because MM cases were originally designed for PA series radiators :p

And now the PAs will be changed too hahaha.
It's worse, actually. The TC's are ~25mm spacing. I believe some old Swiftech's may have used 19mm spacing. Nothing uses a 17mm spacing. Except for the first run of Feser rads. I can't for the life of me figure out why they used that spacing on the back panel. 2mm less, and 90% of all double-rads would have been a no-brainer fit.

MM tools. :blarg:

Frank Booth

One of the triples had the 17mm spacing, also according to the serials they were only 2 numbers apart?

Latest posts