What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

the GPU companies have been cheating us all along!

mGz

It's good for the consumer I guess. AMD pulling stuff like this though, really? I pretty much expect that from nvidia since they've been guilty of planned obsolescence.... AMD isn't in a position to be pulling stunts. They would've been better off just slashing prices themselves.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
It's good for the consumer I guess. AMD pulling stuff like this though, really? I pretty much expect that from nvidia since they've been guilty of planned obsolescence.... AMD isn't in a position to be pulling stunts. They would've been better off just slashing prices themselves.
yeah...it's a maneuver that could bit them in the arse. like the article mentioned, it could savage their 5700 non-XT sales.

Bond007

I don’t see the problem. They have a card that is new, they saw a competitors response, they responded. Whether this was the plan all along, or just a response is irrelevant.

They are giving more performance at the same price that was previously announced. A bonus. There is no reason for them to cut price and make less money per piece of silicon if this is an option.

It isn’t a shady move in any way (like when nvidia made the ddr4 variant of the gt 1030).

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I don’t see the problem. They have a card that is new, they saw a competitors response, they responded. Whether this was the plan all along, or just a response is irrelevant.

They are giving more performance at the same price that was previously announced. A bonus. There is no reason for them to cut price and make less money per piece of silicon if this is an option.

It isn’t a shady move in any way (like when nvidia made the ddr4 variant of the gt 1030).
hey Bond, it's not shady in providing a product to fit a certain price point. what's shady, or indicates being underhanded is that they can suddenly do a firmware tweak on a card and give it major gains. it says to me they may have always been denying elevated performance. there are so many possible explanations though...but to have them pull this outta their hat feels like being cheated. why wasn't it like this from the very beginning?

Latest posts