What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

Prickly007

We too look at Costco, but wound up buying from a local appliance store. Metro-Vancouver Trail locations all seem to be staffed by useless idiots.

Mr. Friendly

I looked at appliances via Costco a couple times but always ended up with a better deal at Trail Appliance. Cusious what your Costco experiences will be on something like this.
I will spend the bit extra with Costco as they have excellent support for returns / warranty, etc. :)

Entz

Yeah places here could match on price (or even a hair better) but wouldn't do free delivery and take away. Combined with the executive discount and extra warranty it seemed like a good fit. Will find out lol.

Izerous

I will spend the bit extra with Costco as they have excellent support for returns / warranty, etc. :)
But things like delivery? To get our fridge inside the house, they removed the screen door, solid door, disassembled the fridge, moved it in the house, then reassembled the fridge. That was the only way it was making it in without a crane and smashing out a skylight. I got my money's worth on the delivery fee.

Entz

So fridge came today. It was a totally painless process through them and quick as well. As a timeline:

Order on the 10th (Sunday).
Shipped Tuesday the 12th
Got a call on Tuesday about setting up delivery. Originally for Thurs but there was a shipping delay so held back a day.
Delivery Friday Morning.

I live in a Condo with elevators and decent sized doors so they had no issue but they unpacked what they could on the truck to make it easy. Took the old one away. In and out in maybe 5 minutes.

Local guys also do Rona and a few others so its not like it was UPS or something silly.

So all in all that is like 5 days from Order to Door, including a holiday in BC which I am guessing is part of the delay.

They use an automatic phone notification system. Not sure how common this is. You know the "our delivery agents will be there from X to Y if you have any question call us back", "our delivery agents are just delivering to the customer ahead of you, will be there shortly" kind of thing. Didn't speak to a real person from the initial call till they were at the door.

-----

Minor rant: Despite GE using 6KM of tape and a like a garbage bag of foam, one of the small plastic door basket (tiny one for like butter) was broken on arrival. These things are insanely well packed inside so I was a bit surprised.

Happy: Costco is super easy to deal with. Quick call was basically no problem we will have someone contact you to arrange a replacement. (y)

lowfat

Staff member
Started an indoor garden about a month ago. Never done any gardening before. So far all the plants are doing good, even after transplanting.

MVIMG_20191116_145200.jpgIMG_20191116_145132.jpgMVIMG_20191116_103625.jpg

Still have a huge amount of work to do w/ automation and lighting. Then move on to microgreens. But at least the plants are doing good.

Prickly007

What (lighting) equipment are you using?

With the new house being better for gardening, I was planning on starting a some plants/herbs from seeds indoors.

lowfat

Staff member
What (lighting) equipment are you using?

With the new house being better for gardening, I was planning on starting a some plants/herbs from seeds indoors.
The LEDs are cheap 24v ones from China. These are ones I had laying around. Warm white led (full spectrum) is pretty much ideal for all plants. I have 3 200w 24v power supplies, one for each shelf. Each shelfs lights will dynamically adjust the leds level of output based on how much sun is coming through the window controlled by an esp32 + home assistant.

MVIMG_20191116_154013.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
For some reason I couldn't find the "favorite pictures" thread so I'll just drop this in here....

24mm.jpg

Pretty happy with this 2.8 24mm pancake lens. That's hand-held full-on night and there's no IS on this lens. Having a fixed 24mm fov on this T5i makes it feel like a (albeit heavy) point and shoot.

Latest posts

Twitter