What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

Mac29

Deciding how to spend on a card in the next week. Really want RDNA (Navi) for a few reasons. Got a new credit card a few months ago for the build and need to finish spending $500 before 12/30 to get $150 back. Decisions decisions. I could go for the RX 5500 XT or a RX 580 and at 30% cash back essentially, pay only $125-ish if free s/h.

On top of that my band-aide system was on the curb. Phenom X4 and a 790FX mobo, blu ray, etc. in a CM HAF 932. I found while on the bike over a yr ago. Luckily it was only 2 houses down. Got it just before it rained. Idiot had SS#, cr card #s, etc. on it. Also selling to go towards build costs.

After pinching pennies I got some Enermax T.B. Silence fans on sale, only to find some grommet/washers would've made the difference. Small potatoes. These things are more quiet than top Noctua's. According to some reviews.

Now how to best finish this sub-$600 ryzen box?

Prickly007

Bring back taxable goods, worth ~$250-350 US, on a day tip, is a total crap shot as far as I can tell.
Never posted, but I also brought back my new CPU-MB-RAM without paying any taxes either. Total, before US taxes, was roughly $330 US. Maybe it's not a crap shoot any more. :giggle:

sswilson

Staff member
ender in da house.jpg

Ender 3 In Da House!!!! :)

Hell... I got all my Christmas prep (and last minute "needs to be fresh" shopping) done so I might even have some time to put it together.... :)

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, the base of it... still needs to be assembled. :)

Super impressed with how quickly I got this....

Ordered Saturday afternoon, got shipping confirmation Sunday evening and by monday during the day it was showing as having been processed in Dieppe (Dieppe is our main sorting center, packages always go there first and then need to make their way over to the Moncton office).

No indication from the tracking as to where it started out.... Dieppe was the first location listed.

Sagath

Staff member
Oh man, this thing is insane!

Holding steady at 70c under a H110i.

Havnt barely even started tweaking it yet!

1578371319511.png

Reactions: JD

FreeKnight

Oh man, this thing is insane!

Holding steady at 70c under a H110i.

Havnt barely even started tweaking it yet!

View attachment 27826
Damn, I'm a bit jealous. I missed out on the Amazon sales this year otherwise I'd have picked up this or an R7. If they come around again on a good sale I might pick one up, otherwise I think I'll finally have to pull the pin on a 4000 series when they're out.

Unless intel finally releases a 10nm desktop chip, but I'm not holding my breath....

Sagath

Staff member
Damn, I'm a bit jealous. I missed out on the Amazon sales this year otherwise I'd have picked up this or an R7. If they come around again on a good sale I might pick one up, otherwise I think I'll finally have to pull the pin on a 4000 series when they're out.

Unless intel finally releases a 10nm desktop chip, but I'm not holding my breath....
I grabbed the newegg sale for $620. It came with the games too (which I have claimed but not applied as I'm not sure I want them).

Also, the 3 months xbox pass converted to two months of Ultimate, so that was a nice surprise :)

SugarJ

Staff member
The skies cleared up a bit for a couple hours around noon so the kids and I got to go launch the model rocket we built. We had 7 attempts and 6 good launches. The one failure I think the igniter moved while I was putting the plug in so it wasn't touching the rocket. The igniter burned but it didn't start the rocket.

Anyways, a lot of fun for the 3 of us. We used B4-4 and B6-2 rockets. I'd guess it hit about 250 feet altitude with the B4-4 and 350-400' with the B6-2. I think I'll go for something with a longer chute delay if we go up to C engines, the B6-2 drifted a long way on the chute. (The first number is the length of burn, the 2nd is the delay until the chute charge goes off.) I taught my 11 yo how to hook up the launcher to the igniters, next time he'll learn how to pack the chute.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm doing chicken rice oriental using the Costco dried gourmet mushrooms, and it smells fantastic!!! (Hopefully that carries on to how it tastes...) :)

edit: It's almost a shame to throw out the mushroom broth that I'm not going to use (some went into the veggies as they were being softened up and some went right into the rice cooker) but it'll probably just go bad in the fridge if I stored it...