What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

FreeKnight

Great results the pictures don't suggest at all that it is an Ikea top. Did you use any wood conditioner before staining?

And I was looking at walnut planks and that was coming out to $20ish per board foot. To make a top the same size would be hours of work and more than a couple hundred in planks. So results that look as good and for that cost is something to be happy about.
Thanks Izerous.

Yeah I used the Minwax Pre-Stain Wood conditioner. I honestly use it before any staining, no matter if it's hardwood or softwood. I find I get better results going with a light to medium application, just enough to 'wet' the wood and then coming back in 5-10 to wipe it and generally the shop towel picks up no liquid.

Trying my second coat of poly with a foam roller and having thinned it with mineral spirits just a little. I'm hoping it works well, but I usually use natural brush or microfiber for polyurethane so I'm not sure how the foam will perform.

Supergrover

Installed 2 pack of Deepcool aRGB led strips ( x2 strips per pack ) , hooked up to the mobo's headers. Dropping them to the lowest light setting and I am pretty happy with the look. Just a nice 255 blue glow.

Supergrover

Um... and why are there no pictures of this @Supergrover ?? ;)
Not finished so mind the cabling. Still waiting for sleeved sata cables and sata power cables ( white) and 180* pcie connectors as well as a 90* atx connection, so have not done anything much cabling wise until they show up.

Image is from my :reading: phone, I only use it for reading news/ novels so yeah pretty old shitty camera.
I will do up a proper pic once I receive the rest of the build.

Still deciding what I am going to do cooling wise so yeah stock HS right now.IMG_20200312_130508.jpg

lowfat

Staff member
Ditched Windows and went back to linux for my home server. Had to swap to an i3-2200 + board I got from @JD, which was meant for another project. But whatever.

After a solid 4-5 days of work All containers are setup and ZFS RAIDZ2 pool is working good. :cool:
Code:
[email protected]:~$ lxc list
+---------------+---------+----------------------+------+-----------+-----------+
|     NAME      |  STATE  |         IPV4         | IPV6 |   TYPE    | SNAPSHOTS |
+---------------+---------+----------------------+------+-----------+-----------+
| basic         | STOPPED |                      |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| homeassistant | RUNNING | 192.168.1.156 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| jackett       | RUNNING | 192.168.1.153 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| mqtt          | RUNNING | 192.168.1.154 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| nodered       | RUNNING | 192.168.1.155 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| plex          | RUNNING | 192.168.1.151 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| rtorrent      | RUNNING | 192.168.1.150 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| sonarr        | RUNNING | 192.168.1.152 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |
| upsmon        | RUNNING | 192.168.1.157 (eth0) |      | CONTAINER | 0         |

[email protected]:~$ zfs list

NAME                                                                          USED  AVAIL     REFER  MOUNTPOINT
lxd                                                                           326G   535G       96K  none
lxd/containers                                                                325G   535G       96K  none
lxd/containers/basic                                                          916M   535G     1.31G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/basic
lxd/containers/homeassistant                                                 2.97G   535G     4.16G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/homeassistant
lxd/containers/jackett                                                        428M   535G     1.61G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/jackett
lxd/containers/mqtt                                                           144M   535G     1.34G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/mqtt
lxd/containers/nodered                                                        534M   535G     1.70G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/nodered
lxd/containers/plex                                                          5.34G   535G     6.52G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/plex
lxd/containers/rtorrent                                                       314G   152G      315G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/rtorrent
lxd/containers/sonarr                                                         353M   535G     1.53G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/sonarr
lxd/containers/upsmon                                                         213M   535G     1.38G  /var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers/upsmon

zfspool                                                                      3.74T  6.82T     3.74T  /zfspool
[email protected]:~$

Latest posts

Twitter