What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Ok, this was super cool!!!!

Ars Technica did an interview with Buzz Alrdrin WRT being in quarantine after the moon landing and he mentioned doing up some paperwork while in there.....

That's a link to his twitter account with the government travel claim he put in for the trip to the moon (he got $33.31) :)

lowfat

Staff member
Work is giving us another $100 / week for each week we work during pandemic. I guess a LOT of techs are self isolating for 2 weeks. Don't really need the money but cool still.

Lpfan4ever

Work is giving us another $100 / week for each week we work during pandemic. I guess a LOT of techs are self isolating for 2 weeks. Don't really need the money but cool still.
We were told yesterday that we're getting $3/hr extra for people who can't work from home, back paid from Mar 16 and will be renegotiated after 30 days. I'm not complaining at all since I'd be stuck here anyways, essential services and all that.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
My young lad works in a Loblaws distribution warehouse so I'm assuming he's getting the extra couple of bucks an hour that they've announced on top of the overtime hours he's working.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Took my oldest cat in for surgery today, hes 11. He had a growth on his paw that was annoying him quite a bit. We knew it was there but it really grew in the last month or so, so we decided it should go.

Hes happy, health and whole with a bandaged foot. Tomorrow he gets the cone-of-shame though. He'll thank us in a week.

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Took my oldest cat in for surgery today, hes 11. He had a growth on his paw that was annoying him quite a bit. We knew it was there but it really grew in the last month or so, so we decided it should go.

Hes happy, health and whole with a bandaged foot. Tomorrow he gets the cone-of-shame though. He'll thank us in a week.
Oh, I don't know about that.... do cats ever truly forgive? (I'm expecting to see a bunch of those "my cat really looks like he's plotting to kill me and my family during our sleep" photos soon..... ).

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Oh, I don't know about that.... do cats ever truly forgive? (I'm expecting to see a bunch of those "my cat really looks like he's plotting to kill me and my family during our sleep" photos soon..... ).
My two boys are pritty awesome no bullshit cats. Everyone always rags on cats, but I've had really good luck with them. Non destructive, clean, not bitch and all that stuff people usually say about cats.

Quentin is about as chill as you can get for a cat, and super affectionate.
Sam, our youngest, is what I like to tell people "Dog software running on Cat hardware" ;) He plays fetch, begs for food, constantly follows me around like a lost puppy (seriously, its rare hes not in the same room as me), and even runs to the door when someone knocks. My wife and I have wanted a dog for a long time, but given the nature of our work (her being a shift working nurse, and me being in the military), and how much we travel (or are away in general for days at a time) we've never gotten one. Sam is the closest I think I'll ever get to a dog lol