What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

FreeKnight

Chefs Choice 615.
I have that same slicer, bought it around 3 years ago. The only thing I wish it had was a straight blade instead of one that's lightly serrated. Cleanup would just go a little better.

Now that I'm in a house and have oodles of kitchen space I should pull it out of the storage box and look at using the thing a bit more.

Prickly007

Very little plastic. It's all cast aluminum I believe. Motor gears are plastic but there's no torque or speed for cutting meat. Quality is great imo for home use.

How easy is it to clean? We had one eons ago, but barely used it as it was one solid piece, which made it almost impossible to clean.

If I am ever to cure and smoke my own ham/Montreal smoked meat, I'll need a meat slicer.

Yes, Prickly has too much time on his hands.

G

Dropped the last 2 Sata SSD's and my last 2x HDD mirror. Moved everything data wise either to the cloud or my 2x 8tb USB drives.
Just 2x NVMe now.
Loving the clean lines.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
How easy is it to clean? We had one eons ago, but barely used it as it was one solid piece, which made it almost impossible to clean.

If I am ever to cure and smoke my own ham/Montreal smoked meat, I'll need a meat slicer.

Yes, Prickly has too much time on his hands.
I'm pritty anal about cleaning it, for obvious reasons. Remove the blade each time, wipe everything down. Generally it's fine to clean imo.

The one trouble spot is the only plastic part on the device; a small black guard at the bottom that helps push the meat out. I remove it (Philips screw) each time. Bit of a pain, but I'm not messing around with cooked/smoked meat and unclean areas.

lowfat

Staff member
shunt mod? wassit?
Solder an additional current sensing resistor over top the existing one. Tricks the video card in to thinking its pulling less power. So the card can pull more power. Besides cooling, an Nvidia GPU is generally limited by power limit. So it will hit higher boost clocks more consistently.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
just used Save On Food's local delivery option and it was mostly painless / efficient. the worst part was ordering online...it works, but is a bit clunky. I chose a scheduled pick up for this evening, but had notes it was for seniors (half the groceries are for the in-laws who are senior) and needed delivery. I had previously been told lead times were upwards of 2 weeks, but it was only 2 days. quite pleased to say the least! :)

edit - we locked the cats in my room cause they were getting into everything before we had a chance to sterilize it and they're going BONKERS!

Last edited:

Latest posts