What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

Mr. Friendly

well, I was told my replacement MX518 was going to have delivery delays on Friday, I checked tracking and it said label created, but wasn't picked up. checked tracking this morning, delivery ETA is by EoD of tomorrow. that's more like it! :)

Izerous

Folding Team
OMFG!!!!!!!

The 32" LG panel I got from Costco is amazing as a pinball playfield!!!!!!!!!! I know they say size isn't everything, but in this case it makes a pretty big difference..... :)

you conversations of pinball lately make me wonder what it would be like to used a curved panel in portrait mode for games like that. 40in+ curved pinball table for example

sswilson

Staff member
Curved panels "assume" a certain head position for optimal viewing... I suspect it would be hard to dial that in for a panel in portrait mode where the "top" is much further away from the viewer than the "bottom".

sswilson

Staff member
I went out looking for a cheap(ish) 24" monitor at BB and needed an "assistant" since their monitors mostly weren't on display and were cached all over the store without price tags on them.... I told the associate exactly what I was looking for (22 - 24", Vesa mounts that didn't require me to disassemble the monitor to get the "nub" off, and 178° viewing angles) and he was checking different stock they had......

I never would have thought to haggle over pricing @ BB, but we were looking at a 22" LG that was on sale for $120 and I mentioned that I'd seen a 24" viewsonic VA over @ walmart for $140 and that while a 22" would work, a 24" was worth the extra $20 for what I needed. He offered to discount the 24" LG from the same line as the 22" down to $139.99 in order to match the Viewsonic.

TLDR: I got $22 knocked off of the price of a monitor in BB essentially by pricematching a similar but different manufacturer / tech specs monitor @ walmart.

Made my day!!!!

Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
I have seen wiggle room on products especially if they think they are going to sell you the extended warranty packages

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I've been a member for so long on this forum, I don't even remember when I joined. I do remember when the decision was made to ditch the written reviews and use YT videos.... unfortunate since I like to read in-depth reviews.

With that kb issue of mine, I did some web research and came upon this example:
https://hardwarecanucks.com/gaming-keyboards-mice/ducky-one-2-sf-review/

I did not know about those 'written' rewiews (obvious that they are video transcripts) but at least I found honest component reviews from here.

Thanks to whomever took the call to add those to the site. Appreciated.