What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

lowfat

Staff member
Bestbuy is the FE supplier in Canada. I'm assuming stock is just so terrible you won't see them with the 3080 or 3090 for a long time, if ever.

sswilson

Staff member
Pretty impressed that Bell Aliant was able to book a tech for the next day. (Not sure I'm happy that it's on Remembrance Day, but it's booked for after 12PM so it doesn't interfere with the "moment" of silence. (It's two minutes). Hopefully they can resolve the issue and it doesn't end up being a network-infrastructure-that-doesn't-stand-a-hope-in-hell-of-being-fixed-over-the-next-decade kind of thing.

Streaming/IPTV digital content is for the most part an improvement over analog, but the Zero or One nature of it means that any signal drops result in null content being displayed as opposed to analog which would at least continue playing albeit in a degraded fashion.

I've been getting 2-3 second freezing on a regular basis (just a guesstimate, but up to 2 or 3 times / hour long show wouldn't be a wild exaggeration), and of course.... any 2-3 second glitch is going to occur at the most inopportune time (as in.... and the murderer is.... ).

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
I've been getting 2-3 second freezing on a regular basis (just a guesstimate, but up to 2 or 3 times / hour long show wouldn't be a wild exaggeration), and of course.... any 2-3 second glitch is going to occur at the most inopportune time (as in.... and the murderer is.... ).
Really? Mine does it pretty consistently around 9-10PM nightly. I get the blue screen saying signal lost, then it comes back. I just thought it was an issue with my various Ubiquiti products since I'm not using the HomeHub at all. Still on the normal HD PVR (maybe you're the same).

sswilson

Staff member
Nope, I'm on a 4K PVR, but I still use the bell home 3000 (or whatever the H it's called) . My neighbour across the road is on fibe as well and he's not seeing the same issues.

Mine are never long enough to trigger a full blown "signal lost" screen, but they're often enough that it's getting to be annoying.

Prickly007

Last week, one of my 230mm case fans started making a horrible racket. Googling suggested Noctua's 200mm NF-A20 might work, but my case (CM ATCS 840) was not listed in the compatibility chart. Acting on the advice at the bottom of said chart, I emailed Noctua... I received the UPS tracking number for my free NF-A20 fan* this morning. banana Package is suppose to arrive on Monday, so they did not skimp on shipping from Europe either.

* They did ask that I send compatibility data.

Latest posts

Twitter