What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

sswilson

Staff member
Last week, one of my 230mm case fans started making a horrible racket. Googling suggested Noctua's 200mm NF-A20 might work, but my case (CM ATCS 840) was not listed in the compatibility chart. Acting on the advice at the bottom of said chart, I emailed Noctua... I received the UPS tracking number for my free NF-A20 fan* this morning. banana Package is suppose to arrive on Monday, so they did not skimp on shipping from Europe either.

* They did ask that I send compatibility data.
That's pretty cool. Probably easier (and cheaper) for them to get you to check the fit than to try tracking down either a case to check or detailed schematics.

sswilson

Staff member
My new phone supports wifi calling, but I didn't think Koodo offered it so I didn't bother turning it on. Took a fit and double checked only to find that koodo does indeed offer wifi calling.

No more worrying about call connectivity when I'm exercising in the basement. :) (I barely get 1 bar down there).

Izerous

Folding Team
Last week, one of my 230mm case fans started making a horrible racket. Googling suggested Noctua's 200mm NF-A20 might work, but my case (CM ATCS 840) was not listed in the compatibility chart. Acting on the advice at the bottom of said chart, I emailed Noctua... I received the UPS tracking number for my free NF-A20 fan* this morning. banana Package is suppose to arrive on Monday, so they did not skimp on shipping from Europe either.

* They did ask that I send compatibility data.

I wish I could convince them to send me a set of chromax fans to replace my beige ones in my setup. Actually i'd like to track down 8x180mm fans and do 2x2x180mm fans on each rad instead of 3x3x120mm but they don't even offer a 180mm variant.

lowfat

Staff member
Weakest part of a Herman Miller Embody is definitely the seat. I've always throught the seat on an Aeron was more comfortable for long sessions at the desk. My butt and thighs were sore from spending all day at the desk the other day. So I got fed up and picked up some 1 inch foam from Michaels. In under 5 minutes I had it cut down and installed under the stock fabric. Looks exactly the same. But WOW what a difference.

JD

Staff member
Weakest part of a Herman Miller Embody is definitely the seat. I've always throught the seat on an Aeron was more comfortable for long sessions at the desk. My butt and thighs were sore from spending all day at the desk the other day. So I got fed up and picked up some 1 inch foam from Michaels. In under 5 minutes I had it cut down and installed under the stock fabric. Looks exactly the same. But WOW what a difference.
Yeah, those sorts of comments/reviews is what turned me off from the Embody. I wonder if the Logitech branded one is any better? It seems to suggest there's a bit more padding.

At least you found a solution to fix it yourself though!

FreeKnight

My last Webex meeting has been moved to MS Teams, so I've been able to uninstall webex and Citrix. Something about one of the two has always made lag in my system waaayyyyyyy worse (or so it seems, but that could be confirmation bias).

Uninstalled and rebooted the PC and it just feels like it's not struggling like it was. Still need a damn Ryzen 5xxx for an upgrade though

Supergrover

Got my Asus Halo setup mostly this weekend, the Terminal only comes with 3 strips so have a temporary reused led strip on the bottom till my order comes in tomorrow.

Pretty happy with the effect much nicer than the Govee BT controlled lights I had back there. Going to get some gaming in today and see how it is gaming, watched a quick movie lastnight and was impressed.