What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

gingerbee

Sagath, I think anyone who has family members who work in healthcare has some form of anxiety because of it. Thanks to your wife for her service.

Lucky for me my wife works in animal healthcare so I don't have the same worries. until they find out that it can be transmitted from animals to humans since they don't know how those tigers in the US got it.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
So I spent a couple hours in the garage yesterday, cleaning things up and mounting the old TV from the basement. I'm super happy with having this out there for watching football/hockey/baseball while I'm out there. Lots better than the 22" monitor and jumble of speakers I had on the bench before.Shop.jpg

Izerous

Folding Team
Now I want a TV in the garage.

-----

Weeks late but extra long quest cable finally showed up no more stnaglinf myself or punching the light fixture above.my head

crazyea

Sold a Motherboard and CPU (XI Extreme and 9900k) on Craigslist last week.

Forgot my Logitech g305 mouse dongle on the motherboard I/O.

The guy I sold it to dropped it off to me today. He doesn't even live in Surrey.

That made my day. Now I don't have to buy another mouse.

I sent him $5 for the hassle.

banana:D

sswilson

Staff member
2'cond loop in as many weeks does my ADD wonders. Currently complete and ready for overnight leak testing. Nothing fancy, but super compact, and made good use of parts I had laying around the house (it was basically a "I don't have any kind of air cooler for that board, but I do have enough bits and pieces for a loop instead" build) :). I love this multi-port Alphacool radiator, it makes filling a compact loop a breeze.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm amazed at how good the cheaparse 43" series 4 TCL 4K I grabbed a few weeks ago looks as a PC monitor. Using a TV as a HTPC monitor has always been mostly painful when it came to working with the OS, but the text on this is clear as day.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
The DPI on a 4K 43" has to be way up there compared to the 1080P 55" I was using the last time I used a PC on a big screen. The fuzzy text had me give it up after about 10 minutes.

Edit: I had to look it up. 102 PPI on your screen, 40 on the 55" I was using, and 109 on my AW3418.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
The DPI on a 4K 43" has to be way up there compared to the 1080P 55" I was using the last time I used a PC on a big screen. The fuzzy text had me give it up after about 10 minutes.

Edit: I had to look it up. 102 PPI on your screen, 40 on the 55" I was using, and 109 on my AW3418.

Windows default scaling @ 4K is 300% which makes it look like you're using a 1080p screen.

sswilson

Staff member
Discovered that my new Roku TV and the cheaparse Prime cable TV I have set up in my gym can both be voice controlled via my Echo 5. Not a huge deal, but it's kinda neat and saves me from having to track down the remotes for them prior to doing a workout.

Not completely sure how the Prime cable TV is being controlled and I'm not sure I want to dig too deeply.... :) (It is connected to a first gen firestick so I can only assume that's what's doing it, but I'm not sure why this particular TV is the one being controlled as "TV" as opposed to the TV with a second Gen firestick attached to it).

Latest posts

Twitter