What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

FreeKnight

Not really a rant or a happy thread, but don't feel like starting a new thread.

Been thinking about replacing my 2013 Acura RDX with about 140000 kms. I'd like something a touch quieter on the road (not that the acura is loud, I'm just picky), Android auto and a very plush interior. Had a Q5 as my rental when it was getting repaired after hitting a deer and was pretty happy with it, but have been considering a GLC as well. I've always bought used to avoid getting fleeced by the dealer and paid cash because I assumed financing and loan rates were not worth it.

Well it turns out finance rates for a new GLC 300 is 0.49% for 5 years. Holy crap that's barely anything. I'm still tempted to try and get another year or two out of the RDX, but damn, that's basically nothing over the cost of the vehicle. While I don't have to do a ton of driving right now, once the pandemic is over, I'll be back to driving a ton for work, so some extra comfort would be nice. Obviously it's still not as cost effective as buying a 1-2 year old vehicle cash, but this also means I don't have to draw all that money out of my company and pay a ton in personal taxes which offsets that issue in my particular scenario

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Yep. This is the reason my wife and I have new vehicles. It makes more financial sense for us to invest any equity we have, and finance vehicles at sub rates. Cost to borrow the $ for my new Rav4 Prime over 5 years is <$2000. Why would I pay cash, the rate doesnt even beat inflation!

At 0.49%, I'd be tempted to ask them to borrow a second vehicle in cash and invest that too ;)

mGz

Makes me warm and fuzzy seeing Jim Cramer becoming more unhinged as the days go by.

Guy has lost the plot.

FreeKnight

Makes me warm and fuzzy seeing Jim Cramer becoming more unhinged as the days go by.

Guy has lost the plot.
Cramer's been loopy for at least a decade. The single best clip of him is Jon Stewart putting him in the hot seat, which is surprising since Stewart was very rarely a hard interviewer.

Reactions: mGz

Arinoth

Staff member
I may have posted a rant about Ruger not liking being alone, but how can you not be happy about this buddy snuggling up while resting from his surgery?

We also started an instagram account for him for people who have been asking us to post about his progress/health and its almost up to 100 followers already.