What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

danmitch1

I cant believe it!.. Some of you might know, but in Quebec since 2010 to get your drivers license you need to go to drivers Ed.. costs over 1000$ and takes forever... as per why I have been procrastinating since.

Long story short.. since I had a learners permit back in 1998 I fall under the OLD law, take the theory test, pass it, get a learners, hold that for 6 months, take a road test, pass it get a license ! W00T

Izerous

Folding Team
I'm so glad I got my license pre-GDL in general. I literally got it the Saturday before it came into effect so had I failed I would have had to go through the GDL process.

lowfat

Staff member
Aliexpress before adblocking. Not sure why the entire page popup 'coupon' doesn't show up that you need to click off before doing anything on the page.
2.JPG

And after a tad excessive use of ublock's element picker. :D
1.JPG

Izerous

Folding Team
I actually had some time to work on my project vehicles in the garage the last couple days, not really but need to make some progress to make room.

Anyways removing rusted bolts installed in the early 50s was proving to be difficult. But I knew a solution but didn't have the tool and penetrating oil alone wouldn't be enouvh so headed over to princess auto. I had a hard time finding it and the only people on the floor were a pair of females and all that went through my head was... well this might turn out awkward.

"Hey sorry I'm looking for some nut busters..."

One of them immediately turned a little red and looked away and giggled. The other without missing was able to direct me to their location.

One of those tools that simply have an awkward name without the right context.

I either cut or undid the 9 or so bolts holding the truck bed in place so that was good but someone decided it was a good idea to weld one of the steps to the box that won't be fun to separate due to the location

Izerous

Folding Team
Garage is a disaster but managed to cross the great divide. Finish stripping the old truck down and I can roll the chassis out and finally have some space again

20210615_223338.jpg

20210615_224929.jpg

Not sitting quite right but that is about all the energy I had.

FreeKnight

With the easing of in-province COVID travel restrictions, after seven weeks hiatus we got out on the trail on horseback again this weekend! Good for the mind, good for the soul, little hard on the seat bones! :)
I should actually look for day/trail ranches around Edmonton, there's got to be a half decent one closer than Jasper :unsure:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I should actually look for day/trail ranches around Edmonton, there's got to be a half decent one closer than Jasper :unsure:
Whitehorse PRA outside of Cadomin if you want mountains. Its a great area, and you can camp at the trailhead.

There is lots of crown land near Edmonton if you just wanna go for a ride.

FreeKnight

I would certainly think so. Alberta has a healthy horse riding population as far as I am told.
Around Edmonton the challenge is finding a day/trail ride I think. Most horses are privately owned or you're part of an equestrian club. Obviously most places aren't going to just let you rent a horse and wander around on your own (the liability would be crazy I assume).

That being said I'm sure there's something within an hour or so drive.

Latest posts

Twitter