What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I'm happy my happy thread is still going strong! Wow.
I haven't been on here much. had my 7700k and 1080 gtx for 4 years didn't do any enthusiast stuff or much gaming at all. Got a RX6800xt, Ryzen 5600x and LG 48CX OLED and I've been gaming my ass of lately. So, happy.

Mr. Friendly

I'm happy my happy thread is still going strong! Wow.
I haven't been on here much. had my 7700k and 1080 gtx for 4 years didn't do any enthusiast stuff or much gaming at all. Got a RX6800xt, Ryzen 5600x and LG 48CX OLED and I've been gaming my ass of lately. So, happy.
any burn in issues / concerns with your OLED? having the static image of the desktop can be problematic I've read.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
any burn in issues / concerns with your OLED? having the static image of the desktop can be problematic I've read.
Not even a hint. 1200 hours on it already. I have a black desktop and auto hide taskbar. Minimal hud in games. I have F11 assigned to a mouse button so I full screen my web browser to get rid of the static tabs. you have to really be lax to get retention. Guys at rtings.com ran CNN for a full year to get retention on the news ticker. Red is the worst. The ran fox news at the same time and barely got any on the blue ticker.

FreeKnight

Just booked myself a trip to Maui for Dec 21-28

I have an employee that was having problems booking a flight pass online so I popped onto AC's website to see if it worked for me, noticed the Hawaii sale and though 'ah hell, why not'.

Hotels are going to be horrificly expensive, but I haven't had a vacation since 2017 or 2018 so I feel like I can justify it.

crazyea

It was the first time I've ever had it done and it was just a checkup and cleaning. They took it a few times because they thought the lower blood pressure and pulse readings couldn't be right (was sitting at 58 bpm that day).

I'd guess Soul is probably right that insurance / liability reasons might be involved. My only other thought is that it's to help reduce people fainting at the dentist. If you've got a high pulse and low blood pressure you're more likely to faint and a lot of people don't do well at the dentist (I'm fortunate it's never been an issue for me).

I was in the dentist today with my sons and I asked the dentist directly.

He said tha people see dentists more often than regular doctors so they are just trying to help people know where they stand. It is correct that it is also to predetermine if someone may faint due to high blood pressure, but also to let people know because people come in with blood pressure in the 200’s and may even be on the verge of cardiac arrest without knowing it, so they tell them to see their doctor or go to the hospital.

Lysrin

Just booked myself a trip to Maui for Dec 21-28

I have an employee that was having problems booking a flight pass online so I popped onto AC's website to see if it worked for me, noticed the Hawaii sale and though 'ah hell, why not'.

Hotels are going to be horrificly expensive, but I haven't had a vacation since 2017 or 2018 so I feel like I can justify it.
Loved Hawaii! On the plan to return in a couple years for my wife and my 20th anniversary. Our favourite of the places we've been.

FreeKnight

Loved Hawaii! On the plan to return in a couple years for my wife and my 20th anniversary. Our favourite of the places we've been.
Actually after seeing the resort prices I cancelled the flight and am going to either rebook and go in Feb or somewhere else. I can afford a 10K vacation but is that really how I want to spend that money vs somewhere else.

It's possible to do it cheaper, but I really want to have an opulent vacation next time.

Lysrin

Actually after seeing the resort prices I cancelled the flight and am going to either rebook and go in Feb or somewhere else. I can afford a 10K vacation but is that really how I want to spend that money vs somewhere else.

It's possible to do it cheaper, but I really want to have an opulent vacation next time.
We saved for several years for our trip to Hawaii and it was a big one for our 10th anniversary. Big trip from East Coast of Canada! But back then CAD was almost on par with USD so that was a big help. We went for two weeks, and did a seven day cruise to four of the islands, great way to seem more of the area, then spent five nights at the Aulani Disney Resort near Honolulu. We even did not one by two helicopter tours and one of the nicest snorkeling excision we've ever done. Disney was a pricey resort but very nice and our daughter as four at the time so it was nice to have a little kid focused stuff. It wasn't a theme park though just a family focused beach resort. Disney does pretty much everything well so it was very nice. Anyway, fabulous trip as I said. Worth every penny in my mind and why were are saving to go back :)

Herne

For 10K you could have a hell of a vacation in Spain. Went a year before the lockdown and would highly recommend it. Managed 2 nights in Tangier as well, the flight was similar cost to the ferry back.

Mr. Friendly

yeah, go somewhere and get men to carry you around in a covered carriage with maidens feeding you grapes and cooling you with palm fronds. that's a good way to spend $10K on a vacation!

edit - if ever have the chance for going to Hawaii, it's all about the observatory!!!