What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

lowfat

Staff member
Personal phone has been pestering me to migrate Samsung cloud to OneDrive. I don't even use Samsung cloud so i did it. And man to I regret it. I use camera roll upload for both my phones. And I use this all the time to send/upload pics on my desktop. But now both phones upload to different folders on PC. And there is no way to change it back to 'Camera Roll'. It is now permanently 'Samsung Gallery/DCIM/Camera'. While my work phone is just 'Camera Roll'. The dumb thing is they are both Samsung phones running the same OS version. :mad:

This is why I like rooting my phones. Sigh.

Got fed up today. Especially since it would never auto sync. Hooked up to PC and used ADB to delete onedrive. Then installed the regular version of play store. And I got Camera Roll upload back. banana

sswilson

Staff member
Put another hefty pre-payment on my house one week shy of my second year of ownership.

So two years in I'm roughly half paid off the entire house. Not sure if I'll be able to do that next year, but should still have plenty for some kind of lump sum pre payment.

Not quite as noticeable in today's low interest mortgage market, but any money applied to the principal early in your mortgage slices years off of how long it'll take to pay off your home.

FreeKnight

Not quite as noticeable in today's low interest mortgage market, but any money applied to the principal early in your mortgage slices years off of how long it'll take to pay off your home.
Yep, admittedly I'd probably be financially better off to dump all of that pre-payment into ETFs, but I hate having debt, so the psychological perk of getting rid of the mortgage sooner helps.

Currently at the end of my term I'll have 6 years and 10 months left rather than 20 if I don't make any other lump sum pre-payments. Currently doing weekly+20% for the regular payment. The amount of interest I'll pay over the term of my mortgage has dropped to around half of what it was too which takes some of the sting out of all the taxes I'll pay on the money I'm taking out of my company to pay myself.

sswilson

Staff member
Holy cwap!!!!!!

Installing windows from a USB 3.X stick has always felt pretty damn fast (especially considering what it was like prior....).

Installing from a USB 3.X NVMe is a whole level faster than that!!!!!!!!! bananabananabanana

Izerous

Folding Team
Holy cwap!!!!!!

Installing windows from a USB 3.X stick has always felt pretty damn fast (especially considering what it was like prior....).

Installing from a USB 3.X NVMe is a whole level faster than that!!!!!!!!! bananabananabanana
My external NVMe drive turned into a backup drive for my work laptop. I need to pick up a second one for things like that.