What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

lowfat

Staff member
Got home from visiting parents today and my new mouse arrived, A Mionix Naos Pro. Software is straight up garbage. Just absolute buggy crap. But hot damn do all the switches feel solid. Massive improvement over the Dream Machine I was using previously.

FreeKnight

Got home from visiting parents today and my new mouse arrived, A Mionix Naos Pro. Software is straight up garbage. Just absolute buggy crap. But hot damn do all the switches feel solid. Massive improvement over the Dream Machine I was using previously.
Hmm, looks more comfortable than my Steelseries Rival I have currently, let me know what you think of it after a couple of days.

lowfat

Staff member
Hmm, looks more comfortable than my Steelseries Rival I have currently, let me know what you think of it after a couple of days.
I've been using the same design of mouse for close to 15 years. So I definitely know it is comfortable long term if you are like to palm the mouse.

FreeKnight

20221210_224616.jpg
Finally took the time to install the Insinkerator Evolution Excel I bought months ago. Drain is a tad more sloped than I'd like, but it won't harm it and I was tired of hacking the plumbing apart. The drain is not perfectly plumb on the other sink either, the original builders built the p-trap so low that scrapes the bottom of the kitchen island cabinet and you have to force the piping out of the way to connect. There's not enough piping coming out of the other side to cut and replace the p-trap easily either. There were some challenges with the dishwasher hookup too, but cutting off the original end connection of the hose and clamping an aftermarket adapter worked.

Had planed on using all new piping, but the threaded flange on the original p-trap were different than the ones available at home depot. Just slightly narrower, enough that the new ones couldn't thread onto it. In the end I just cut the pipe and popped a union on and did new pipe on everything past the union.

The happy part is this thing is quiet. Like the faucet is louder. I suspect it must have noise insulation in the housing which would explain the chonky-ness and quiet. Also no leaks and fired up on the first try which is always a plus.

Last edited:

djbrad

I like it when the job is done, it works on first try, and the result is better than you expected.

FreeKnight

cool garbage disposal, I didn't think they were legal anywhere in Canada, I would love one.
Depends on the municipality. Most that I'm aware of (Alberta; Edmonton, Calgary, St. Albert), just encourage people not to have them to avoid having people dump too much organic matter down the drain and recommend using compost instead. It's a valid concern by the cities.

I'll likely use mine only a couple times a month I'd guess, but there was a power source and switch already installed in the house so I figured 'why not'

sswilson

Staff member
Depends on the municipality. Most that I'm aware of (Alberta; Edmonton, Calgary, St. Albert), just encourage people not to have them to avoid having people dump too much organic matter down the drain and recommend using compost instead. It's a valid concern by the cities.

I'll likely use mine only a couple times a month I'd guess, but there was a power source and switch already installed in the house so I figured 'why not'

Yeah, our most recent water treatment system specifically calls for zero compostable waste down the drain. Not sure how they factor human waste into that system, but they've specifically stated that garburators should no longer be used for food waste.

clshades

View attachment 35687
Finally took the time to install the Insinkerator Evolution Excel I bought months ago. Drain is a tad more sloped than I'd like, but it won't harm it and I was tired of hacking the plumbing apart. The drain is not perfectly plumb on the other sink either, the original builders built the p-trap so low that scrapes the bottom of the kitchen island cabinet and you have to force the piping out of the way to connect. There's not enough piping coming out of the other side to cut and replace the p-trap easily either. There were some challenges with the dishwasher hookup too, but cutting off the original end connection of the hose and clamping an aftermarket adapter worked.

Had planed on using all new piping, but the threaded flange on the original p-trap were different than the ones available at home depot. Just slightly narrower, enough that the new ones couldn't thread onto it. In the end I just cut the pipe and popped a union on and did new pipe on everything past the union.

The happy part is this thing is quiet. Like the faucet is louder. I suspect it must have noise insulation in the housing which would explain the chonky-ness and quiet. Also no leaks and fired up on the first try which is always a plus.

You can always use one of these trap adapters instead of the tail piece from the sink drain and free up some space for fittings. i use them all the time to make more.spwce under sinks for people.

The sink rough-in should been 18-19" off center (one sink or the other) so the trap isn't so low.alternatively you can add an air vent and raise everything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221211-180624_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20221211-180624_Firefox.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts