What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

Izerous

Folding Team
I do believe it is as simple in pure intel terms of 14nm+'s keep happening because they keep screwing up intel 10nm yields. Problems mean problems and no sign of when they will get out of thier funk.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I do believe it is as simple in pure intel terms of 14nm+'s keep happening because they keep screwing up intel 10nm yields. Problems mean problems and no sign of when they will get out of thier funk.
indeed..especially now that they said their 5nm is messed up as well.

is Intel supposed to have any 7nm parts? I can't seem to recall...

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm.... I'll have to have a second look at this then. Did you folks already have the aoris software installed? (Maybe I need to uninstall mine if you didn't)

Edit to this... Not Aoris (Gigabyte) Aura (Asus). I'm not running the wrong software on my board, I just got the names mixed up. :)

Lysrin

Edit to this... Not Aoris (Gigabyte) Aura (Asus). I'm not running the wrong software on my board, I just got the names mixed up. :)

I figured :) Yes I have the Aura software installed. I believe I still have to set what the motherboard RGB does when the PC is turned off from inside the Aura software. So when the PC is turned off, the RGB on the motherboard does the slow breathing effect. That I have to set in Aura. Different than the hardware setting in iCue iirc.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, I got it working. The version of Aura I had on my PC was an older version that didn't have this functionality. It's controlling my GFX card and the motherboard PCB, but it doesn't pass control of my memory through to iCue even though the memory shows up in Aura. (There is an Adata file in the aura download area, but I'm not sure if I've got the patience for another 45 minute 300MB file download to see if that does the trick.... :)

FreeKnight

indeed..especially now that they said their 5nm is messed up as well.

is Intel supposed to have any 7nm parts? I can't seem to recall...
Yeah they are, a few months agothere was some kind of announced defects to the 7nm lineup that were going to delay it as well if I'm remembering correctly. I'm not sure what 'lake' the 7nm chips are supposed to be though. I think they're supposed to be out in 2023, so there a ways off. And that's assuming we don't end up in a 10nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ situation

Izerous

Folding Team
So almost got the last of my landscaping done over the weekend and it feels pretty good. The last tree surround I assembled and filled, I finished the last section of new railing on the deck. I finished sanding and staining the last section of deck as well (old cedar deck that desperately needed some attention). It's smooth enough now that my two little ones running around in bare feet are not at risk of getting splinters in the bottom of their feet.

And almost have the garage organized well enough to get a second vehicle inside again. Cutting it way to close to the end of nice weather though.

sswilson

Staff member
I'm impressed with how hassle free getting a refund was from steam. I'm on the hunt for vertical "shmups" that works full screen on a widescreen monitor in portrait mode, and the first one I tried was horrid!!! (Specifically designed for landscape mode with wide borders on either side so in vertical mode the playing field was maybe 1/4 the width of the screen if even that.

lowfat

Staff member
Swapped out the cherry blues on my Drop Alt on Monday for some Kailh box whites that I lubed. Definitely happy with them. Extremely light, not as scratchy. Less clickiness than I'd like. However overall a massive improvement.

Izerous

Folding Team
I picked up a pair of old NAS devices but one of them all 7 drive bays were locked (it isn't stolen etc keys were simply lost in transit).

While i was downstairs trying to go through my growing project pile I grabbed the lockpick set the was gifted to me and watched a quick video on how these round cam locks operate. Took me about 5 minutes to get the first one open and that was with both kids making a lot of noise making it hard to focus etc. By the time I got to the 7th lock I think it took about 15 seconds even with the kids still running around.

I have opened maybe 3 padlocks before these 7 round locks and one of those was a really simple clear padlock that came with the picks. On one hand i'm really happy that I'm learning something that I have been able to use on a practical level, on the other hand it really concerns me how easy some of these locks are to open.

Latest posts