What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

Lysrin

I picked up a pair of old NAS devices but one of them all 7 drive bays were locked (it isn't stolen etc keys were simply lost in transit).

While i was downstairs trying to go through my growing project pile I grabbed the lockpick set the was gifted to me and watched a quick video on how these round cam locks operate. Took me about 5 minutes to get the first one open and that was with both kids making a lot of noise making it hard to focus etc. By the time I got to the 7th lock I think it took about 15 seconds even with the kids still running around.

I have opened maybe 3 padlocks before these 7 round locks and one of those was a really simple clear padlock that came with the picks. On one hand i'm really happy that I'm learning something that I have been able to use on a practical level, on the other hand it really concerns me how easy some of these locks are to open.
I believe there was a thread on here at one point in the past about lock picking, what locks are any good for home locks for example, etc.

It greatly disturbed me... lol

Entz

Lock Picking Lawyer

Izerous

Folding Team
LPL definitely makes it look easy, and him being able to pick his way into my house is one thing... with my limited experience and skills I should not be able to do the same.

Entz

Yeah the reality is most locks are terrible and only act as a deterrent. Though most thieves aren't going to pick a lock anyways they are going to smash/jimmy open a window

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Like my grandfather used to say, locks keep the mostly-honest people out. A thief will always get in if they really want to. The trick is to make it hard enough that it's easier for them to move onto another target.

sswilson

Staff member
Finally got around to finding the setting to turn off push notification requests globally in FF. What an annoying piece of code / design element that was.... Just to be clear to any marketers out there.... I never want "push" anything without me actively going to look for it (as in subscribing to things like daily news headline emails).

Latest posts