What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

gingerbee

Only 1 Pfizer so far and not even a little bit of bother sore arm right after the shot for 20-30 mins then nothing, second one date for the 17th and I am pretty sure it's going to be Pfizer. Strange that here in Orillia no one giving out the shots wants to mix even if you ask for a mix then make you get what ever you had first

crazyea

Got my second shot today.

My first shot was Astra Zeneca. I didn’t feel a thing. No sore arm. Nothing.

Today I got the Pfizer shot. This lady literally stabbed me with the needle. Like you would see an epi pen used in a movie. No bedside manner at all. That was uncomfortable. It’s 6 hours later and I’m ok but I can feel a bit of soreness coming on.

Lysrin

It's not a big deal but my resting heart rate is officially down in the 50s for bpm according to my physical, dentist's office and fitbit.

A few more to go and I officially enter 'athlete' territory, which isn't bad for a white collar guy approaching 40.
(I was also very surprised that my dentist wants to take blood pressure and pulse).
That's great! And curious about the Dentist. Mine has never done that.

sswilson

Staff member
Hrrmmm.... that's weird. A new requirement for the freezing they use, or something related to the smelling salts they've always got on hand? (I always assumed that was to confirm whether a patient had just fainted, or if they were going into some form of shock).

Soultribunal

Staff member
Hrrmmm.... that's weird. A new requirement for the freezing they use, or something related to the smelling salts they've always got on hand? (I always assumed that was to confirm whether a patient had just fainted, or if they were going into some form of shock).

A lot of dental anesthetic actually has a form of epinephrine in it, maybe they are worried they might give someone a heart attack?
I know because of my heart condition, I have to be provided with a different medication when they are freezing me or I risk the potential of going into a form of cardiac arrest.

That's my best guess.

-ST

FreeKnight

It was the first time I've ever had it done and it was just a checkup and cleaning. They took it a few times because they thought the lower blood pressure and pulse readings couldn't be right (was sitting at 58 bpm that day).

I'd guess Soul is probably right that insurance / liability reasons might be involved. My only other thought is that it's to help reduce people fainting at the dentist. If you've got a high pulse and low blood pressure you're more likely to faint and a lot of people don't do well at the dentist (I'm fortunate it's never been an issue for me).

Latest posts