What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Maybe Chute Lake down towards Naramata? Okanagan, Woods and Kalamalka lakes are usually busy with boat traffic this time of year. I think Rotary Beach and Gyro Beach have roped off swimming areas IIRC. And maybe look at Bear Creek Park off Westside Road, I remember it not being as busy with boats on the West Side of the lake when we camped there a few years back.

Izerous

Folding Team
Swapped used 1TB drive in UDM-pro for the 4TB red I picked up for cheap during the MemEx anniversary sale. Thankfully the swap was pretty smooth. Stop protect, swap drive, reboot and good to go.
You would think such modern hardware would support hotswap but these things don't.

lowfat

Staff member
More house stuff....

After we did the inspection a couple weeks ago there were some plumbing issues I asked to get fixed. They wanted to knock off $500. I said no I'd rather them fix it.

They happened to use the same plumbing company I used to do the sewer scoping. And I guess since my email address was listed for that address the plumbing company also included me on the bill, $2300.

Seems I made the right choice. :LOL:

sswilson

Staff member
Rogers' ignite wireless TV boxes are relatively easy to incorporate into a home network with third party APs. Initial setup requires connecting them to the gateway's wifi SSID (using the WPS connect function) but once that's done they'll connect to that SSID (with the same credentials) without having to be on the gateway's wifi.

I've got my gateway's wifi off to force the boxes onto my APs, and will probably end up re-enabling the gateway's wifi but under a different SSID (I want to enable the wifi 6 on it to see if I get a better connection with my laptop).

Lysrin

On two weeks vacation now. Given how much I enjoy it, I've always said independently wealthy would have been the best career option for me...
;)
And... that's over. Ah well, it was a great time off and work didn't explode while I was gone. A manageable number of emails waiting for me when I returned.

Now when is the next stat holiday... ;)

Izerous

Folding Team
Giant hole in my roof usually is not something to celebrate but it is today. Back in December I ordered a replacement skylight after a bunch of back and forth it finally showed up last week and the old one is being swapped out today. The roofing company re-sealed it with tar as a stop gap so it hasn't been leaking this time but that was only a temporary measure.

Skylight mfg still screwed up though and it is larger than what was ordered. So they have to mess around with the curb mounts a bit etc.

Latest posts