What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

"The Hobbit" thread

Kommie986

Well considering it is the Hobbit they should. I hope Smaug looks badass and if the battle of The five armies is done as was Battle of the Pelennor Fields I will be happy.
The ghost guys need to be nerfed. =P

Well, theres going to be many more dwarves that's for sure :biggrin:

IMO, this will likely make a great film... there are so many great scenes waiting to happen. For instance, the riddle games with gollum, the battle of five armies, the wargs fight with eagles, beorn's house, the wood elves, giant spiders, etc.. I have high hopes, hopefully it turns out as good as I hope.
Yeah, the bear-morphing guy should be badass. But what would be hilarious is the troll scene.

Thund3rball

I need to read this again. I have pretty much forgotten all but the very major plot points (Gandalf, Bilbo, Gollum, Smaug, some trolls...) :(

G

Ha ha the Trolls, stupid Trolls.

Broke out my OLD PB copy of The Hobbit this morning.

YukonTrooper

dropping del toro was probably the best thing since sliced bread!!
No way. Del Toro would have added a magic to the Hobbit that would have enchanted the mind. Jackson is good but he lacks the creative ability of Del Toro.

Also, Del Toro wasn't dropped, he left the production on his own accord to work on other projects because of all the studio delays with The Hobbit.

_dangtx_

Banned
not so sure.

i wouldnt want to watch 'wolfman a la hobit' :D

eitehr way, he left, was made to leave, or got booted, its all good.

jackson is the closest thing to perfection around these days anyway...dont see another

director stepping up..maybe the guy who worked with the star wars guy but im not sure..riddley scott?

hes more for science fiction then fantasy. also i sure hope they involve the tolkien society a great deal, those guys and girls

breathe middle earth lol.

Polygon

Updates today!

eqtakequizarrow.png
Peter Jackson's team has set up an official Blog at thehobbitblog.com

eqtakequizarrow.png
FILMING HAS STARTED TODAY, IN NEW ZEALAND :)

eqtakequizarrow.png
Peter Jackson has created a facebook page where he will post updates throughout the making of the films

8f9c5db0c6a424bf5a2465f04bccf23b.jpg

d64c7314cfac5a98da3783d6c7c8d3bc.jpg

Peter Jackson on set

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
whohooo!!

thanks poly!

you guys should look a piccie of him a few years back, round as a barrel he was!

ZZLEE

I baught the 1977 Cartoon version on Amazon 6 monthes ago when this toppic first came up LOVED IT

YukonTrooper

Peter Jackson is looking much better now. Didn't realize he lost so much weight. Better body = better mind + more energy = better directing = better movies. Woot!

Latest posts