What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Hunt Has Ended

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Finally after many years of being on this road chasing down old leads and FS threads on Reddit / eBay I have secured my White whale of a case and it wasn't $399 usd + $120 usd shipping + import fees 😱

I got me a Ghost S1 Ash with copper top, custom cables and the ghost S1 Noctua cooler from a fellow Cannuck in Montreal all for ..... $295

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-201417_Imgur.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-201417_Imgur.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20211025-201411_Imgur.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-201411_Imgur.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20211025-201343_Imgur.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-201343_Imgur.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 33

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Build will be coming together soon as the new 3D V-Cache Ryzen cpus are available as this will be the resting place for my current 5950x.

Now I just need to secure a medium or small top hat so can add a wee bit more air flow as taming the supernova 5950x will require some tinkering.

Bond007

Nice! ...but that cooler is not going to tame a 5950X without some good tuning to bring the heat levels down...should be a fun adventure!

anabioz

Pardon me asking, what is so special about this one? I sense there is history involved. I can only recommend NR200 @ $75 / Amazon. Sounds like that could have been a solid fit too? ;)

Shadowarez

Folding Team
In the beginning you could only get these from Sweden or Korea even overclock UK wasn't getting them to send abroad. With the MK3 version it finally got listed on Amazon us but it is topping $500 usd to get it here after shipping and taxes.

The addition of being able to add top hats extends the cooling potential. I'll get them together soon.

And yeah I'll have to heavily tune the cpu untill I find a good 240 AIO and some strong fans.

Cannon Fodder

Pardon me asking, what is so special about this one? I sense there is history involved.

I was kinda wondering that myself...... doesn't LOOK like anything special in the pics, other than a smaller case with a different coloured top. The ability to "add top hats extends the cooling potential" is the differentiation between this and other cases? :unsure: I'm assuming that's the difference between this and other SMALLish cases, since bigger cases could simply have more rads, fans, etc. added in to achieve the same result. Maybe it's just that Shadow digs the Duracell battery look!? ;) 😆

anabioz

I was kinda wondering that myself...... doesn't LOOK like anything special in the pics, other than a smaller case with a different coloured top. The ability to "add top hats extends the cooling potential" is the differentiation between this and other cases? :unsure: I'm assuming that's the difference between this and other SMALLish cases, since bigger cases could simply have more rads, fans, etc. added in to achieve the same result. Maybe it's just that Shadow digs the Duracell battery look!? ;) 😆

"Duracell battery look" made my day.